Columbus needs help everywhere espacially at center

Habs : Suzuki + Chariot + Armia + Poehling + Ylonen
for
Clumbus : Werenski + 2rd 2021 + Sherwood

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
i dont think thats enough value for Werenski. maybe though?

would Montreal trade their only shot at a 1C they have in the organization?

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Why though? That leave MTL with a UFA Danault and KK as their top 2 centers, that's horrible. Lateral move at best not to mention the lost wing depth in Armia and Ylonen. Habs should be on the phone trying to move Petry, Weber and Price, not add pieces trying to pretend they're contending. The older core is too old to still be effective once the kids hit their stride.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Montreal would say no. They're better off long term hoping to solve the #1LD situation some other way. Suzuki is their best shot at a future #1C.

Columbus would at least have to think about it. Suzuki isn't much right now, more intriguing than substantive. But he's 21, they'd at least call in the scouts.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hell no. Werenski might be a great young dman but Suzuki alone is a good young center and over time this could really bite the Habs in the arse. Then adding all the extras while getting a second a most likely career minor leaguer? No thanks. Hans finally have some depth and skill and center and in one trade you want to kill that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Habs should be on the phone trying to move Petry, Weber and Price, not add pieces trying to pretend they're contending. The older core is too old to still be effective once the kids hit their stride.

First won't happen under Bergevin and this would mean a massive rebuild and the Habs defense would be done for years trading away both Petry and Weber at once.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I was told a bunch of times that Nick Suzuki is as good as PLD and will probably end up better so why would Montreal do this?

I think Columbus passes pretty easily.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Ehat's the status on Columbus?? Are they trying to make the playoffs?? Are they sellers or buyers??

Are they gonna rebuild or retool??

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think it is too much quantity from MTL, unlikely to move 2Cs, 2RWs for one player. I don't see Werenski being traded anyway. He is young, cost controlled, why move him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad