Colton Orr Sucker Punch On Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
can't wait for the next Leafs/Habs game, what kind of response can Montreal provide? their teams too small, too soft for the east. If I were a Habs fan, I'd be completely embarrassed by all the whining, it's laughable and beneath fans of a storied franchise.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
That's not a sucker punch. Stand in front of a guy who already has his gloves off with your chin up in the air you deserve to get KO'd. Either drop the gloves and go or tuck tail and hide.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Yeah, I don't think you totally can defend Orr's punch. He knew what he was doing and was out there to hurt someone. I doubt he actually would have unleashed on Gionta but when Rene came in he let one go. You can debate and more or less make arguments towards it being within some kind of code, but atleast by my book its pretty disrespectful.

Simmonds threw the same kind of haymakers at Josefsson a couple of weeks ago in basically the same type of situation. That time it was a scrum infront of the net but
Simmonds punches only caught the helm of Josefsson.

Given the type of problems the league has with concussions, I don't quite see the motivation to not go after this type of punches.

But, the hit that missed looked a little worse than it was due to Orr and Plec's skates contecting; Plec's speed; and Orr subsequently tumbling on his arse due to not having all that much balance.

It was Ryan Carter who was punched in the back of the head, I feel like the Flyers and Rangers love to go after him

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Loved it, Orr is a beast...I can watch that all day...a total a$$ kicking in every department on the ice from the goaltending to scoreboard to the fights...wish we could play the smurfs more often. Love it even more when the crybabies post about sucker puching! I dont post on the habs board but when its on the main board, I dont mind rubbing it in.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
My 2 cents here.

1) Orr shouldn't have tried to kill Plekanec but you shouldn't be throwing his stick. That being said it was never a knee, Plekanec moved out the way of the hit and left his legs vulnerable. Could maybe be called charging if anything????

2) Gionta came at Orr also. If you watch the video and other Orr fights he's quick off the draw. He would have been throwing from the beginning. I think he was just wrestling with Gionta.

3) Bourque wasn't looking for a hug, he jumped on his back and Orr nailed him.

4) People can argue here some of the point above but to make the comments like Orr isn't a good player... we already know and that is a horrible argument. And to suggest he won't "act" this way if tough guys are playing is just stupid. He fights anyone.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
can't wait for the next Leafs/Habs game, what kind of response can Montreal provide? their teams too small, too soft for the east. If I were a Habs fan, I'd be completely embarrassed by all the whining, it's laughable and beneath fans of a storied franchise.

The Habs just have to play better. Most of the crap wouldn't happen in a close game. Do you really think Carlyle plays Orr and McLaren in the 3rd period of a close game?

The Habs are tough enough for he most part among the civilians, but yeah, when things get silly they could use a true heavy or two. I'd rather do it the Bruins way though. Their heavies can actually play the game. This type of change won't happen over night, so the Habs will get into some silly situations over the next year or two.

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Loved it, Orr is a beast...I can watch that all day...a total a$$ kicking in every department on the ice from the goaltending to scoreboard to the fights...wish we could play the smurfs more often. Love it even more when the crybabies post about sucker puching! I dont post on the habs board but when its on the main board, I dont mind rubbing it in.

I guess having 7 years of embarrassment I can be nice enough to let you feel a little bit good about yourself and your team.

Habs lost in every aspect of the game.

{MOD EDIT}. He's a tough guy, but one more concussion for him and his career is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Shamefully, as I am a Habs' fan, Orr did everything he could not to hurt someone despite others being the aggressors. LOL Orr just gently body slammed Gionta and then punched Bourque after Bourque ripped off Orr's helmet and took a swipe at him too. Although it's hard to tell the intentions of Bourque's swipe. Watching the whole vid with Gionta is not only more revealing but also funnier.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Shamefully, as I am a Habs' fan, Orr did everything he could not to hurt someone despite others being the aggressors. LOL Orr just gently body slammed Gionta and then punched Bourque after Bourque ripped off Orr's helmet and took a swipe at him too. Although it's hard to tell the intentions of Bourque's swipe. Watching the whole vid with Gionta is not only more revealing but also funnier.

I think Bourque was just trying to get Orr off Gionta. Since Orr threw his gloves down, Bourque was just trying to save his captain's life. I actually feel sorry for Bourque. He took one for his captain.

I don't blame Orr for the punch on Bourque, since he didn't know the intentions of the player grabbing him from behind in that situation, but there was really no need to throw his gloves and engage Gionta. I could see some of the other heavies in the NHL giving him a pretty good ribbing on that one.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Problem ? If you and other leaf fans have no problem with it on Bourque, then you should be appreciative that I can see things from your perspective, no ?
rofl... like it's been pointed out by anyone that isn't a moron Orr never suckered anyone.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins fan with no dog in the fight- Bourque should have been thrown out for third man in, been assessed an extra penalty for stupidity; this guy is sneaky dirty player and got what he deserved. The Bruins wouldnt even take him and we take just about anyone

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Bruins fan with no dog in the fight- Bourque should have been thrown out for third man in, been assessed an extra penalty for stupidity; this guy is sneaky dirty player and got what he deserved. The Bruins wouldnt even take him and we take just about anyone

I'm hardly a fan of his, but to be honest, in this situation, he did what he had to do. Would you like a Bruin to just stand and watch if John Scott engaged Patrice Bergeron? Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I'm hardly a fan of his, but to be honest, in this situation, he did what he had to do. Would you like a Bruin to just stand and watch if John Scott engaged Patrice Bergeron? Sometimes you have to take one for the team.
Why did Bergeron engage Scott? (Which is what actually happened here)

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Why did Bergeron engage Scott? (Which is what actually happened here)

I'm talking about Bourque here. It doesn't matter who engaged who, athough it was Orr who threw his gloves. As a good teammate, you defend your smaller teammates if they're in a tough situation, especially if they're one of your team leaders. I think Bourque took one for his captain and for the team. I actually find that admirable.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Poor,poor habs fans,if your players cant take the heat then they best be gettin out of the kitchen

Attachments

• Gargamel.jpg
    Gargamel.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
show the whole video.....Borque looke like he knew or was about to fight...Orr just swung first,fast, and hard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad