GDT: Colorado @ Toronto - 1/13/24 - 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
First game of a back to back, wonder who will get the net.
I can see how it maybe should go Jones and then "other goalie" for tomorrow night's tilt. I wonder though if the game against DET being a divisional matchup alters that line of thought?

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I can see how it maybe should go Jones and then "other goalie" for tomorrow night's tilt. I wonder though if the game against DET being a divisional matchup alters that line of thought?
I am unsure tbh... but I think it's time to give Jones a break and not run him out and cause another injury would be my train of thought.

Out of the two, you would think Detroit is the weaker opponent so Sammy for that or maybe Hidelby comes up after tonight's game in the AHL?

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Keefe doesn’t trust young players enough when they come up.
It’s poor coaching not to give hildibeast a game against san jose. I don’t think we win a cup with him as coach.
Guys like mcmann steeves Robertson only get 3/4 th line minutes.

Hildeby up for four games including a back to back against 2 of the worst teams in the league and couldn’t get in. We still don’t know what we have in him. Wouldn’t it be good to know what he can do going forward . What if jones gets hurt are we happy putting Samsonov back in.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"We'll get through today" is the last thing you want to hear from the coach if your Samsonov.

Kind of like a girl gets hit on at a bar by a guy, she looks him up and down, shrugs and sighs "Okay, if I haven't met anyone else by midnight ..."

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

How'd Hildeby do last night? Oh just saw now... Shutout and whooped belleville 8-0. Nice.

Reading between the lines... Earlier in the week they said they wanted Hildeby in on Friday so I thought they may give Hildeby a chance. Both their games are at home so easy to bring him in.

Sammy can still go down again without having to clear for 30 days right? Something like that I thought.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
"We'll get through today" is the last thing you want to hear from the coach if your Samsonov.

Kind of like a girl gets hit on at a bar by a guy, she looks him up and down, shrugs and sighs "Okay, if I haven't met anyone else by midnight ..."
The coach probably told him something else.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If Keefe is sitting Robertson to evaluate Holmberg, fine. If he's sitting Robertson because he thinks this lineup is the best right now, he's lost his mind. Gregor's game has also really fallen off too.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think because of their reasonable similar styles of play, the Leafs have always done well against Colorado. Not surprisingly, also usually pretty high scoring games. Once again, bet the over on this one.

Reactions: bax

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Yup. I was on board up until then and that part could be interpreted as a case of too much information being divulged.

Last edited:

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

That is a terrible saying. What if Samsonove lets in 3 goals in the first 3 shots ? Or, does Keefe want a "patrick roy" moment from Samsonove?
Anyway, Jones did not have a good game the last time, they played him too much (started two 7 games in a row with a Christmas Break in between), they should get him one more day off and let him start tmw.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Could be Hildeby tomorrow. He got in game action last night and got a shutout. I’ve seen of Samsonov. Guys complete garbage
If it is Hildeby, you might as well close the books on Sammy because that pretty much says, we have zero confidence in you. No coming back from that embarrassment for a fragile, Sammy IMO.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If it is Hildeby, you might as well close the books on Sammy because that pretty much says, we have zero confidence in you. No coming back from that embarrassment for a fragile, Sammy IMO.
Makes you wonder why they brought him back at all then?

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad