Prospect Info: Colorado Avalanche Prospect Poll #2

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Let's get this going... I'm thinking let polls run for 3 days... Try to get the top 20 made - 60 days of polling. This puts us at August 31, 2013 when the #20 poll closes, just in time for TC/PS. I decided to make Nathan MacKinnon Consensus #1 because, quite frankly if you don't think he is the #1 prospect you don't know what you're talking about.

Simple Rules/How things work
1. Vote for who you think is the best prospect using your own criteria. It could either be who is the best now, the future, or both.
2. Always request to add a prospect to the list in order to replenish the list as the polling goes on
3. Always discuss these things. It gets boring if it's just Add: Malone for 30 posts until the next one comes out.

1. Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax Mooseheads (#1 overall, 2013 Draft) - Consensus #1
Elite Prospects Page: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99204

nathan-mackinnon-275x335.jpg

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Looking at that list I now realize why they are adding veterans to LEM... Wow.

Add: Geertson

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Voted Barrie because he has shown top 4 capability at the NHL level and still has good offensive upside. Tops out as a low end #2 or #3 IMO.

Add: Condon

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Went with Barrie although IMO I wouldn't really even consider him a prospect for us anymore.

If it wasn't for Barrie I would probably take Bigras. He seems like a really solid player and the idea that he's a better skater then Mackinnon along with his IQ seems extremely promising.

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
I chose Barrie... seems like the closest to a sure thing on the list. I feel Bigras, Siemens and Elliott could all definitely move him down on the depth chart in the next few years though.

My next 3 choices for sure are going to be Dmen.

E:ADD: Malone if still a prospect, Colin Smith if not.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Barrie is going to absolutely flourish this season, I can just see it. Roy's confidence in him will be a big boost.

Add Malone

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Stefan Elliott has 57 games played... More than I anticipated... Should I remove him?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't recall voting on the #1 Prospect for the Avalanche...I sure as hell wouldn't have voted for MacKinnon!

:sarcasm:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Went with Barrie although IMO I wouldn't really even consider him a prospect for us anymore.

If it wasn't for Barrie I would probably take Bigras. He seems like a really solid player and the idea that he's a better skater then Mackinnon along with his IQ seems extremely promising.

Yeah I think I have to go with Barrie, but I don't really consider him a 'prospect' anymore.

After that I'd say Siemens is next, after what he did in the memorial cup, his draft position, and his upside. He'd be #2 in terms of 'prospects' for me.

Can't believe some people are already putting Bigras over Sgarbossa or Siemens.

Edit : Btw... Gotta add Colin Smith with a 106 point season in the WHL, can't believe I'm the first one to think of him.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I voted Elliott because I believe Barrie is no longer a prospect, and Siemens is a close 3rd to Elliott's 2nd. I know Elliott has some NHL time but he wasn't his best, and he hasn't solidified a spot like Barrie has.

Barrie hands down, but I just don't think he's a prospect anymore. I think he made the leap

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
MacK
Barrie
Siemens
Elliott

Even though I'd swap Barrie/Siemens, that's our top four.

Could see an argument made for Pickard, Sgarbossa or Bigras in the #5 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad