Recalled/Assigned: Collins Recalled / Goloubef Assigned

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@RobMixer: #CBJ recall Sean Collins and assign Cody Goloubef to Springfield.”

“@RobMixer: Collins, 24, has had a solid first pro season with Springfield. He's got six goals and 15 points so far, playing a multitude of roles. #CBJ”

“@RobMixer: Yep. 6-foot-3, 184 lbs. and is strong in the circle and on the walls. RT @CBJProspects: big kid too”

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
As soon as he steps on the ice, he'll be the 6th of 9 players from the 2008 draft class to play an NHL game. One (Drew Olson) is still in college, and another (Steven Delisle) was traded as part of the Nash trade.

6/9, including 4/5 from the 5th round and later...not bad for a guy who "couldn't draft".

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Surprised Erixon isn't the one going down after his play last night.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
As soon as he steps on the ice, he'll be the 6th of 9 players from the 2008 draft class to play an NHL game. One (Drew Olson) is still in college, and another (Steven Delisle) was traded as part of the Nash trade.

6/9, including 4/5 from the 5th round and later...not bad for a guy who "couldn't draft".

I'm sure that 29 NHL organizations are just overloading his cell phone with the hope that he'll choose them.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Hell of a year, that one was. Even with Filatov. Imagine if he'd panned out...

bizzz*

Surprised Erixon isn't the one going down after his play last night.

Yeah, they should have sent him down. Last night Erixon was +2 and he's +4 for the year. Looks like a threat for the tanking.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
I think Erixon will be fine. I'd rather see him paired with anyone but Aucoin. Right now Aucoin is the biggest liability on the blue line followed closely by Nikitin.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006

How many of those six do you think will get pensions?

JD and JK are evaluating what they have, nothing more.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I think Erixon will be fine. I'd rather see him paired with anyone but Aucoin. Right now Aucoin is the biggest liability on the blue line followed closely by Nikitin.

It seems the vets are just having a tough time in general. I could say the same about Prospal who seems to also be a liability up front. Nikitin also is playing terribly, but I believe it's more of an effect of a struggling team. Can't miss him out there though, in a bad way.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
It seems the vets are just having a tough time in general. I could say the same about Prospal who seems to also be a liability up front. Nikitin also is playing terribly, but I believe it's more of an effect of a struggling team. Can't miss him out there though, in a bad way.

I don't know if because most of the vets were sitting around at home but many of our vets look slow of foot.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I don't know if because most of the vets were sitting around at home but many of our vets look slow of foot.

Seems like that was the case. Especially when you look at Prospal's numbers and compare them to this year. I'm sure the same goes for Aucoin. This is why the young guys are being thrown into the mix. I'm just hoping we're not rushing these guys. I'd rather take our time on them and let them develop. But it seems they're bringing up the right guys who deserve to be called up so that's a good sign.

bizzz*

Watch the game and get back to me.

I won't watch it. So stay alone.
The kid is the only d-man on the team with positive +/-, and he's +4. And after just one questionable game you wanna send him down. What a genius decision maker you are! The Jackets wouldn't have had problems with players development if you were a part of the front office.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
It was either him or CG to go back. I have no problem with Erixon getting on the job experience at the NHL level. My comment, that I was surprised it wasn't him going back, was in line with what I said last night in the GDT. If you want to use +/- to guage accountability, be my guest. I'll watch the games and form an opinion. As for my genius, thanks for noticing. I'll put my development skills up against yours anyday.

bizzz*

I guess you and everyone else liked JMFJ and John Moore play on 1st, 2nd and 4th Phoenix goals. Cause no one said a bad word towards them. I thought they were god damn awful, but all the crap goes to Erixon and as usually Nikitin.
Nikitin made a few bad plays, but your golden boy Johnny didn't make ANY plays on those 3 goals. He was like non-existent. That's what you probably like about d-man. Invisibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Said it a couple times last night in the GDT. And Erixons play has suffered becuase of it. But at times last night for the first time he truly looked over matched to me.

For some reason Sean Collins reminds me of Andrew Murray.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I guess you and everyone else liked JMFJ and John Moore play on 1st, 2nd and 4th Phoenix goals. Cause no one said a bad word towards them. I thought they were god damn awful, but all the crap goes to Erixon and as usually Nikitin.
Nikitin made a few bad plays, but your golden boy Johnny didn't make ANY plays on those 3 goals. He was like non-existent. That's what you probably like about d-man. Invisibility.

No, I wasn't impressed by the play last night of the d corps as a whole. My critique of Erixon had to do with his taking two minor penalties in a row, and how that would probably lead to him being stapled to the bench. I suppose I should have cleared it with you since you seem to know who my golden boy is, and what my definition for invisible is, as it pertains to defenseman.

I have no problem listening to how you think this team should be handled moving foward. To come after me linking tanking to who I think should've been sent down is cheap.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Said it a couple times last night in the GDT. And Erixons play has suffered becuase of it. But at times last night for the first time he truly looked over matched to me.

For some reason Sean Collins reminds me of Andrew Murray.

Weighty. ;)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No, I wasn't impressed by the play last night of the d corps as a whole. My critique of Erixon had to do with his taking two minor penalties in a row, and how that would probably lead to him being stapled to the bench. I suppose I should have cleared it with you since you seem to know who my golden boy is, and what my definition for invisible is, as it pertains to defenseman.

I have no problem listening to how you think this team should be handled moving foward. To come after me linking tanking to who I think should've been sent down is cheap.

If it means anything, I think Erixon should have been sent down too.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
If it means anything, I think Erixon should have been sent down too.

Thanks, Lee.

That is the beauty of being a fan. We all want the same for this team, and won't always agree with how to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: