OT: College rooting interest

College rooting interest?

• Total voters

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Father, mother, uncle, grandfather, and me...all Purdue alumni.

This is gramps on the track team in the early 30s.

1666713944615.png

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
So I went with U of A, BUT, I have more than one rooting interest.

I ran and did my undergrad at University of Alabama, so I obviously love the Crimson Tide.

I did my masters at Tucson so I enjoy U of A sports.

Since I ran XC and love Flagstaff, I have a strong appreciation for NAU.

I joked about the ASU thing, but really it doesn't bother me too much. Since I'm not from AZ nor group up in that environment, there is no real hatred in me for them.

But since I did grow up in an Alabama family, I can bash and hate UT and Auburn like the best of them.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I have always loved the arena at UND. My favorite venue in hockey.
I'm sitting here down the street from Seattle's arena, which in a few hours will leave only Winnipeg as the city where I haven't attended an NHL game. Someday, although probably a logistical nightmare, I'd like to combine the trip there with a game in Grand Forks (which is also a special place to me, as it's on my passport - I was born there - moved to Florida aged 2).

...and so my college rooting interest is in my alma mater, the University of Florida. I'll also root for UCF (some grad school), and U. of Illinois (where my dad wanted to go, and granddad did in the 20s...1920s, lol).

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Why no love for NAU? I attended for one semester. Great location obviously. I remember one alcohol fueled night me and some other idiots rode our bikes up to Snow Bowl. This was before they paved the road. Cop stopped us on the mountain and searched our backpacks thinking we might be eco-terrorists going to blow up a lift tower.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Why no love for NAU? I attended for one semester. Great location obviously. I remember one alcohol fueled night me and some other idiots rode our bikes up to Snow Bowl. This was before they paved the road. Cop stopped us on the mountain and searched our backpacks thinking we might be eco-terrorists going to blow up a lift tower.

I voted for NAU. Back in my STH days I would help support their club hockey team. Still have one of their game-worn sweaters and I accidentally bumped into the player who wore it during intermission at a Coyotes game several years ago. Also, one of my daughters went there and another is considering it.

Prettiest campus in all of Arizona.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Born a Notre Dame fan....but also following the Gophers and Wolverines (future Coyote Fantilli team)

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I voted Non-Arizona, ONLY because my granddaughter will be going to UMaine next year on a softball scholarship. Go BLACK BEARS!! Hehe...
WOOOOO! Great choice.

Just finished up my degree at UMaine 2 years ago. Loved every second of it.

Will also root for ASU Hockey when they don't play UMaine.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
WOOOOO! Great choice.

Just finished up my degree at UMaine 2 years ago. Loved every second of it.

Will also root for ASU Hockey when they don't play UMaine.
FANTASTIC! Congrats! Not sure how the granddaughter will handle the cold but she's excited.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
FANTASTIC! Congrats! Not sure how the granddaughter will handle the cold but she's excited.
If anyone says that Maine can't produce ball players, just refer them to Jeremy Pena. I'm sure the softball team will get a boost from this as well.

Reactions: Fyreman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad