Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
White has been very impressive. Turning into the player we hoped he'd become.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Still not seeing him as a 2nd line center (offensively speaking)
Brown
Norris
White

Tkachuk plays with his buddy and a good scoring RW. Bath and someone play with brown. Good enough

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It definitely sucks about Duchene. I love White, but I'm not sure him centering the top line is the best idea right now.

I doubt White will be centering the top line when it's hard to define which line is the top line on this team although Tkachuk & White had a decent first season. Tierny could be the top line centre or even Pageau but IMO the future top line centre in Ottawa will most likely be Brown, maybe not next yr but soon after that.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Colin White has a lot more potential than I think we give him credit for. I was skeptical myself at different points since he was drafted, but I don't see any reason to doubt that he can be very a solid 2nd line center at this point.

I personally hope that whoever the next coach is that they arent juggling the lines every 3rd shift, and that Brady Tkachuk and Colin White get attached at the hip together. I think their style of games would really mesh well, and eventually they could be matched up against the other teams top lines and cause them all kinds of problems in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Colin White has a lot more potential than I think we give him credit for. I was skeptical myself at different points since he was drafted, but I don't see any reason to doubt that he can be very a solid 2nd line center at this point.

I personally hope that whoever the next coach is that they arent juggling the lines every 3rd shift, and that Brady Tkachuk and Colin White get attached at the hip together. I think their style of games would really mesh well, and eventually they could be matched up against the other teams top lines and cause them all kinds of problems in the process.

Tkachuk and Norris are going to play together for a lot of reasons, size mistamtch, weight on the puck, down low presence, great two way game to create a line that can play against anyone, but most of all so we can have the....

Chuck-Norris line.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
At this point i think White's floor is a 5 year run at an average 2C level, starting next season. It's hard to say upsize wise. Looking at what we have and the prospects we have, we may end up with 6 top 6 guys without a clear cut top 3 and second 3.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point i think White's floor is a 5 year run at an average 2C level, starting next season. It's hard to say upsize wise. Looking at what we have and the prospects we have, we may end up with 6 top 6 guys without a clear cut top 3 and second 3.

Getting more of a Lars Eller vibe, elite 3rd line C who plays like a 2C every once in a while and puts up 40 points.

Reactions: Daffy

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Getting more of a Lars Eller vibe, elite 3rd line C who plays like a 2C every once in a while and puts up 40 points.
colin white is much farther ahead at the same age than Eller. Eller's career high is fewer points than Colin White scored this season in only 71 games, lol

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Thats a pretty odd comparison. White surpassed Eller's career high in points in his rookie season. Pretty few and far between to find NHLers that had their best offensive seasons in their rookie year. I think it is far more likely that White improves on his numbers as time rolls on. Maybe he has a sophomore slump, maybe not. But i think it's pretty reasonable to expect several seasons out of White above has 41 points from this year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Thats a pretty odd comparison. White surpassed Eller's career high in points in his rookie season. Pretty few and far between to find NHLers that had their best offensive seasons in their rookie year. I think it is far more likely that White improves on his numbers as time rolls on. Maybe he has a sophomore slump, maybe not. But i think it's pretty reasonable to expect several seasons out of White above has 41 points from this year.

Funny enough, we actually have a couple on our roster in Paajarvi, Lindberg and Duclair. Most players don't get a top 6 role in their rookie year, rather their coaches slowly increase their role as they get more experience. White is in a relatively unique situation where he's playing 1st line center by the end of his first season because we sold off the guys ahead of him. I suspect he has more growing to do, so I don't think this will be his best offensive year either, but he does have some of the risk factors associated with it in that he probably played in a role (1st line center) above where he's ideally going to play for the bulk of his career (imo 2nd line or top end offensive 3rd line center).

I don't care for the Eller comparison either, White seems to have a headier game imo.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Funny enough, we actually have a couple on our roster in Paajarvi, Lindberg and Duclair. Most players don't get a top 6 role in their rookie year, rather their coaches slowly increase their role as they get more experience. White is in a relatively unique situation where he's playing 1st line center by the end of his first season because we sold off the guys ahead of him. I suspect he has more growing to do, so I don't think this will be his best offensive year either, but he does have some of the risk factors associated with it in that he probably played in a role (1st line center) above where he's ideally going to play for the bulk of his career (imo 2nd line or top end offensive 3rd line center).

I don't care for the Eller comparison either, White seems to have a headier game imo.

Paajarvi and Lindberg are not offence first players in the Nhl. Duclair is a bIt of a different case and he is likely to improve on his rookie totals. White looks to me like he will have a long career. His playing 1C was a minority of his season and his numbers were tracking at 40 points more or less all year

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
After Mark Stone was traded White went 15-1-7-8 to end the year...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I dont think he is a top line center either,but he is rounding out into a dependable two way center..That has some upside on offense

Reactions: Tuna99

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
After Mark Stone was traded White went 15-1-7-8 to end the year...
Does it really matter? He went 6 pts in his last 8 games.
Every player had to adjust when we lost Stone Duchene and Dzingle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad