Value of: Colin Blackwell

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
26.1% shooting percentage.

Ok? No one is expecting him to put up 40 goals on a regular basis. NYR fans are just saying he’s cheap, he’s productive, and he has chemistry with two of our better offensive players. I’d trade him for an overpay but not a mid round pick. I think the majority of NYR fans will agree on that. We are happy with him for his salary and what he brings. I’m not expecting a team to be all hot and bothered by him, but if someone is then fabulous.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yes 26.1 is a very high shooting %. A lot of his goals do tend to come from the hash marks in between the circles and he seems to be good at both deflections and line driving shots into top corners. He’s been quite the opportunist. You know though sometimes the situation is right for a player and other situations maybe not so much. Is that shooting % sustainable? Probably not but f*** if I know and I wouldn’t guarantee if he were traded to another team the magic wouldn’t disappear but I will say this he puts himself in great positions with us to get quality scoring opportunities. He’s a sneaky little f***er and he’s not afraid to go into those combat areas to get goals so I kind of like him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If he's the next Carter Verhaeghe with already more NHL experience then that could be quite the steal if only for a 3rd. Has he been consistent? Also what's keeping him in the lineup ahead of the kids, or are they just not that good?

Quinn loves Howden like AV loved Glas. Rangers will move Strome before Howden

Agreed.
No one is trading for him as an addition to a 1st or 2nd line. A bottom 6 forward or depth option is getting a mid round pick... so why bother.

Signed through next season, getting league minimum, and has been a very productive player. Good 2 way instincts, skates hard every shift.

Comparing him to what Goodrow and Coleman got last season for being very cheap productive players on 2 year contracts, I don't think its unreasonable that a strong contender would offer a 2nd for him. He'd be excellent depth and if there is a slew of injuries hes shown he can be productive with highly talented players.

1. He doesn't get less than a 2nd at min.
2. Played well w/Panarin the other night. This is his year. Not saying he can be an on any and every top 6 line, but if that was an indication, he can make most of those lines, if not outright then as a depth filler.
Assuming as we should we sell high on Strome and Buch, and we roll with the following lines as I recommend:
Kreider-Kravtsov-Panarin
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier

he would then have RW slot: Kreider-Zib-Blackwell

will get challenged for that by Barron next yr, and other developments possible.

But if I don't have a reason to move him, he is welcomed to stay.

----------------
You're right about DQ and Howden, but ef him, hopefully we move on from both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad