Player Discussion: Cole Sillinger thread

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
forwards, famously, are the position best known for preventing goals in 4v5 situations.

From my playing experience I was pretty happy to be a PK D-man. You don't have to cover that much ice so it's easy to take a step and adjust your position. Forward PKers have a harder job, they've got to race out to the points and the half wall and all the while make sure to keep the cross ice seam closed. When the PK really falls apart and gets picked apart with seam passes, it's usually because the forwards can't sync up with each other.

But hey, maybe you're right and it doesn't matter who is out there on the forward PK.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Im sure oir PK would be no better with someone like Brad Marchand in the forward position instead of Sillinger. Really you could just throw anyone out there I guess. 4 defensemen would be a cheat code

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Im sure oir PK would be no better with someone like Brad Marchand in the forward position instead of Sillinger. Really you could just throw anyone out there I guess. 4 defensemen would be a cheat code

I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or not.

I don't have well developed thoughts about the qualities of PKers, but I generally think the personnel has to matter to some degree.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or not.

I don't have well developed thoughts about the qualities of PKers, but I generally think the personnel has to matter to some degree.
Im joking, as I thought would be obvious by putting a guy Id consider an elite PKer throughout his career in the post. Just seems wild to me to act like forward arent a major part of a penalty kill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad