Cole Caufield re-draft 2019

Caufield redraft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web In Front

Feb 1, 2020
It's amusing to still see Dach considered top 3 when he has 10 goals in 82 NHL games.

The guy has shown nothing offensively to justify his draft slot so far. Even his draft year production in junior was underwhelming.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL - how is it flawed? Since the draft, the kid won the Hobey Baker with offensive stats that we haven't seen since Eichel. He then gives the Habs an immediate boost in the playoffs with his offense. He's a clutch scorer. In a re-draft he would easily move ahead of Kako who probably would be outside the top-10.

It was a huge mistake by GMs to let the kid drop to 15 in that draft.

The premise is flawed because it only gives options that not everyone would agree with.

Reactions: flying v 604

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
this looks about right based on updated info. Only change id make is Kakko definitely drops at least a couple of spots. Can’t imagine any team taking him over Zegras, Seider or Dach.
I'm a biased Rangers fan, but I somewhat agree. But then I go back and watch videos of him dominate grown men in Liiga & at the World Championships. There's too much upside for me to drop him quite yet. I think this season under a new coach will be his sorta make or break year. If he doesn't take a giant leap this season I'm willing to say he should drop.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Cole Caufield is already a star and have potential to be a superstar in this league, what position in re-draft Caufield can be?
Already a star? What? A good playoff series doesn't make you a star lmao.

He's hardly played any games, and even if you wanted to extrapolate his stats so far this year:
-> RS = 33 goals, 41 points (82GP pace)
-> PO = 22 goals, 49 points (82GP pace)

He has the potential to be a star, but is not one right now lmao.

In hindsight, he definitely goes top 5 in a redraft in my opinion.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Already a star? What? A good playoff series doesn't make you a star lmao.

He's hardly played any games, and even if you wanted to extrapolate his stats so far this year:
-> RS = 33 goals, 41 points (82GP pace)
-> PO = 22 goals, 49 points (82GP pace)

He has the potential to be a star, but is not one right now lmao.

In hindsight, he definitely goes top 5 in a redraft in my opinion.

Goal like yestarday, just star player can score like that. He should have more than his actual stats in regular season and playoff.

Reactions: Gains

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
LOL - how is it flawed? Since the draft, the kid won the Hobey Baker with offensive stats that we haven't seen since Eichel. He then gives the Habs an immediate boost in the playoffs with his offense. He's a clutch scorer. In a re-draft he would easily move ahead of Kako who probably would be outside the top-10.

It was a huge mistake by GMs to let the kid drop to 15 in that draft.

What?
we seen good NCAA seasons between eichel and now.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Crazy how one good playoff series has people saying they would take him 1st overall

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We haven't seen off the charts seasons like Caufield had.... not since Eichel.

30 goals in 31 games.

dude he was a sophomore
Comparing to a guy who was a freshman in his draft year

Hell even Boeser and Connor Had good years as FRESHMAN with out of conference play.

It’s a good season
Stop trying to make it sound all time

Reactions: Anantika

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
dude he was a sophomore
Comparing to a guy who was a freshman in his draft year

Hell even Boeser and Connor Had good years as FRESHMAN with out of conference play.

It’s a good season
Stop trying to make it sound all time
It was a great season. Stop trying to make it sound like it was ordinary. Who scores 30 goals in 31 games? Very few college players have accomplished that.

Connor and Eichel were the last to be in that category with their amazing seasons. That is some good company for Cole Caufield.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It was a great season. Stop trying to make it sound like it was ordinary. Who scores 30 goals in 31 games? Very few college players have accomplished that.

Connor and Eichel were the last to be in that category with their amazing seasons. That is some good company for Cole Caufield.

so it’s since eichel
And now it’s since Connor after I mention him

both were in freshman seasons

stop trying to gas up An NCAA season as “since eichel” without context like nobody has had great seasons in that league like Makar, Boeser, Connor

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Remember Chris Kreider's playoff performance as well out of College?

Let's calm down here. He'll be in the top 10 but way too earlier to see where. I'm crying at the number 1 votes.

I see Caufield's ceiling as Debrincat, you guys think he'll go number 1 in his redraft? Doesn't even make top 5(although better draft).

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
so it’s since eichel
And now it’s since Connor after I mention him

both were in freshman seasons

stop trying to gas up An NCAA season as “since eichel” without context like nobody has had great seasons in that league like Makar, Boeser, Connor

Stop trying to under-sell his Hobey Baker season. 30 goals in 31 games is an amazing season. His name is up there with the likes of Eichel and Connor. That is phenomenal! Making it out like its ordinary shows how ridiculous you are.

Reactions: Dutronc

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It's way too early to say. I still remember Gilbert Dionne, Ken Hodge, Jr and Patrick Lebeau. Maybe he becomes Stephan Richer.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Too early for this. While he has exceeded everyone's expectations during this run, we're definitely going to need to see 1-2 full seasons before concluding he is a top 5 pick in a re-draft.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Stop trying to under-sell his Hobey Baker season. 30 goals in 31 games is an amazing season. His name is up there with the likes of Eichel and Connor. That is phenomenal! Making it out like its ordinary shows how ridiculous you are.

You’re only bringing him up up Connor after I mentioned him like you know what the hell you are talking about in regards to the NCAA

just stop it’s embarrassing.

discounting other great seasons
You just wanted to throw out “since eichel”

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You’re only bringing him up up Connor after I mentioned him like you know what the hell you are talking about in regards to the NCAA

just stop it’s embarrassing.

discounting other great seasons
You just wanted to throw out “since eichel”

Connor never scored at the pace Cole did. Close but not at that pace. But i include him in the conversation because Connor also had an amazing season.

The point being that you are underselling Cole Caufield's season as ordinary. When in fact it was extraordinary. The fact that you refuse to admit it is predictable given your lack of knowledge on the subject. Luckily, i am here to educate you.

Cole Caufield had an extraordinary Hobey Baker winning season. That is fact that cannot be disputed. So suck it! LOL

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Connor never scored at the pace Cole did. Close but not at that pace. But i include him in the conversation because Connor also had an amazing season.

The point being that you are underselling Cole Caufield's season as ordinary. When in fact it was extraordinary. The fact that you refuse to admit it is predictable given your lack of knowledge on the subject. Luckily, i am here to educate you.

Cole Caufield had an extraordinary Hobey Baker winning season. That is fact that cannot be disputed. So suck it! LOL

That’s cute talking about the NCAA

you tried

Reactions: flying v 604

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

You're right, in his freshman year he had 35 goals and 36 assists in 38 games, as a sophmore Caufield had 30 goals and 22 assists in 31 games, so he actually scored at a higher pace.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
The hype train as left the building...

Seriously though, who cares. I'm just happy we got him at 15 and above all else has come alive this post season.

Keep up the good work Cole! So far you're a beauty!

Reactions: Flair Hay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad