Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
That’s true of any player.

But don’t be surprised if you trade him that he scores 50 goals somewhere else.
He's that talented for sure, we have to remember it may never happen here though. History has proven this team doesn't produce 50 goal scorers, they trade them away. Who was the last one we had, Richer? Got rid of him two years later. Am I missing someone? The system here changed decades ago, offense driven teams were banned for some reason.

They don't know how to blend the size and skill together to let a 50 goal scorer thrive in Montreal. Cole has so much skill, and its trending the other way. They will blame it on injuries, but he needs bigger skilled players to create some room. Maybe Dach will help

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's that talented for sure, we have to remember it may never happen here though. History has proven this team doesn't produce 50 goal scorers, they trade them away. Who was the last one we had, Richer? Got rid of him two years later. Am I missing someone? The system here changed decades ago, offense driven teams were banned for some reason.

They don't know how to blend the size and skill together to let a 50 goal scorer thrive in Montreal. Cole has so much skill, and it’s trending the other way. They will blame it on injuries, but he needs bigger skilled players to create some room. Maybe Dach will help
I don’t know, i suspect the team does. Probably the shoulder. Some bad luck but there’s clearly something wrong with the shot. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 300 shot player shoot at seven percent.

Reactions: Habs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Last year he was an important piece of our future and now he's "if we can pass him in a trade"....
Only in Montreal you’ll see dramatic fans wanting to trade a 23 years old who’ll score 60 + points in their ‘’down’’ year. As if habs fans had many of those in last 10-15 years.

Plus saying ‘’if we can pass’’ him talking as if he’s some plug no one would want is pretty crazy.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Only in Montreal you’ll see dramatic fans wanting to trade a 23 years old who’ll score 60 + points in their ‘’down’’ year. As if habs fans had many of those in last 10-15 years.

Plus saying ‘’if we can pass’’ him talking as if he’s some plug no one would want is pretty crazy.

If we can get better and bigger, why not.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If we can get better and bigger, why not.

Because he's one of the most talented U24 NHLers

Signed long term at a very reasonable cap hit

Loves playing here, handles the pressure and spotlight well, and is hungry for re-living the cup run in Mtl experience, this time with fans in the rink

Has great relationships with high mutual respect and shared compete standards with our young, talented, core

He's a much a keeper as it gets

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Because he's one of the most talented U24 NHLers

Signed long term at a very reasonable cap hit

Loves playing here, handles the pressure and spotlight well, and is hungry for re-living the cup run in Mtl experience, this time with fans in the rink

Has great relationships with high mutual respect and shared compete standards with our young, talented, core

He's a much a keeper as it gets

Size still matters. Give me Tkachuk in a package.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think our biggest problem is a lack of a big #1 two-way defenseman. A big fast skilled winger would come second.
Guhle is literally a 6'3 defender that skates as fast as Mackinnon and is one of the best defensive D in the league while being productive.

We need an offensive D that doesnt need to jump through hoops to get points and depth.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Guhle is literally a 6'3 defender that skates as fast as Mackinnon and is one of the best defensive D in the league while being productive.

We need an offensive D that doesnt need to jump through hoops to get points and depth.
By two-way I meant more than 22 points lmao. Maybe he will blossom into a 45-50 points player, I was thinking about an elite defenseman like Pietrangelo, Hedman, Josi or Doughty(I know his defensive game is lacking but you get the drill)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
By two-way I meant more than 22 points lmao. Maybe he will blossom into a 45-50 points player, I was thinking about an elite defenseman like Pietrangelo, Hedman, Josi or Doughty(I know his defensive game is lacking but you get the drill)
Reinbacher will be that, i believe. Maybe not at the level of those guys you named though.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Guhle has more 5v5 points than Pie and 3 less than Doty in 6 less games. Josi and Hedman are not the same level offensively and teams dont have Ds that are that good, they are top 5 in the league offensively.

Dont let the fact that Guhle was stifled all year distract you from the level of talent he has.

Reactions: morhilane

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Nice ending of the season for CC. Looking more like himself.

He’ll be able to go into the off season with a little more confidence, to work on his shot and to build it to where it was before the surgery.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
It's got a little lost in the excitement of Slaf's beautiful hatty, but congrats to the little man on hitting 60 points for the first time! Hopefully he can score another 3 goals in the next 4 games to set a career high in goals and end the season on a really high note.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad