Confirmed Trade: [COL/WSH] Lars Eller (31% retained) for 2025 2nd round pick

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
It's a 2025 2nd it's a good trade for the bottom 6 the Avs might have another trade for a actual 2nd C that would be great.
Yeah. There's always value in adding some additional down roster players. Someone in the forward group will get hurt. The drop off in talent level after our first 13 forwards is pretty savage if Helm doesn't come back.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I know injuries and other trades had the center market get away from them, but a 2nd for Eller seems really rich.

Eller has good advanced stats number despite all the Caps fans ****ing on him. Has 53 xGF% even though 2/3 of his shifts are in the defensive zone. Not a surprising move by a team as analytically driven as the Avs.

Now the Avs have two players who have scored cup winning goals:

He does?

Eller is almost definitely better defensively than his on-ice and relative numbers indicate, but he's a 3rd/4th line defensive C right now. He's not what one would call an analytics darling.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Let me know how a 2nd round pick 2 years from now helps them retool while Ovechkin is around.

Yes getting something for Lars Eller is a win. But it’s not like these picks are going to refuel a retool. If anything they may help when all of the cards collapse.
I've already explained to you how acquiring picks can be used as trade currency to help the team retool while Ovechkin is around. They acquired a pick for Orlov, and then flipped it into Sandin just a few days later. If you don't understand this, it's because you're being willfully ignorant and argumentative.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I've already explained to you how acquiring picks can be used as trade currency to help the team retool while Ovechkin is around. They acquired a pick for Orlov, and then flipped it into Sandin just a few days later. If you don't understand this, it's because you're being willfully ignorant and argumentative.

??? You initially responded to a post that I said the Capitals are a worse team than what they were a couple days ago. Which is 100% true. They have a handful of middling picks and lost Orlov and others.

I never said the picks couldn’t be traded. You are just putting words in my mouth to make it argumentative.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
??? You initially responded to a post that I said the Capitals are a worse team than what they were a couple days ago. Which is 100% true. They have a handful of middling picks and lost Orlov and others.

I never said the picks couldn’t be traded. You are just putting words in my mouth to make it argumentative.
No, I originally responded to a post in which you said a 2025 2nd rounder won't help while Ovechkin is around. I'm pointing out the ways in which Capitals are already using the picks they've acquired to help while Ovechkin is around.

100-31=69 ;)

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
The Avs got their Bennett. Have fun with your new 2C.
1677758126405.png

Reactions: klozge

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Best of luck to Eller and the Avs. I think a good chance they come out of the west. On the Caps taking a 25 2nd. Im pretty sure it will be traded at some point to help the current roster and get Ovie the record.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
You do know that Colorado just used that very same 2nd round pick 2 years from now to help them this year, right?
Man some of you guys don’t even follow in the conversation and just jump into the middle of it with no context what so ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad