GDT: COL @ WPG: Checkmate (COL Leads 3-1): 9:30p ET

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I was hard on Georgiev after game 1. Honestly, still think he deserves the criticism after giving up 6+ goals in 3 of the last 4 games of the season after that game.

I have to think that maybe it was a good thing Annunen was sick and didn't temp Bednar with putting him in.

Averaging only 2 goals against the next 4 games is all we need ever in this playoffs in my opinion. We can easily score 3 each game. I am not worried about that.

So credit the team for sticking behind him and Georgiev for turning things around. Clearly I was wrong in doubting he could turn it around.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Georgiev played Games 2-5 the way I was hoping Annunen would. He made some fantastic saves, but the Avs also did a MUCH better job in protecting the net.

I'll keep saying this: Play in front of Georgiev the same way they did for a one-eyed Kuemper and they can go far.
Yes..... A lot of credit must be given to the Avs team defense. That made a huge difference.

Reactions: drhiii

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
In that 5 game series not once did the Jets "deserve" to win according to money puck. Tonight was the closest, and that meets the eye test, but there should be no grounds for complaint from Jets fans. Avs deserved this series and they took it.

Screenshot_20240430-224936.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I was hard on Georgiev after game 1. Honestly, still think he deserves the criticism after giving up 6+ goals in 3 of the last 4 games of the season after that game.

I have to think that maybe it was a good thing Annunen was sick and didn't temp Bednar with putting him in.

Averaging only 2 goals against the next 4 games is all we need ever in this playoffs in my opinion. We can easily score 3 each game. I am not worried about that.

So credit the team for sticking behind him and Georgiev for turning things around. Clearly I was wrong in doubting he could turn it around.
Do you still trust Georgiev? No, not unless he gets us the cup. Can you give him praise for his bounce back? Hell yeah. I think that's what most of us are at.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I do agree with your original assertion the Avs can’t expect to put 4+ past him every game but they went ahead and did it anyways
It happened regardless of the thoughts around it. He was fighting things and the Avs took full advantage of it.

To me the biggest difference in this series was the 2nd line. That line dominated and allowed the rest of the lineup to find a way to find impacts. Outside two periods (1st in games 1 and 5), I don’t think you could complain in the least with the play. Thats the most encouraging sign. The Avs have a matchup line that can tilt the ice and allow the other lines to play their roles. No more of the first or third lines having to try to shutdown teams. No more having to worry about secondary scoring. It just works and allows the team to have some stability.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Amazing stuff by Georgie with the 6-on-5. Absolutely perfect poise. So happy Rants broke open the goal drought. Let Dall-ass and the Golden Farts beat the shit out of each other for seven games and let our boys rest and get Drouin back and make another deep run.

Honestly outside of game one and some misplays and silly penalties tonight, I'm really f***ing happy with how this series went. Jets aren't a pushover by any means. Let's enjoy this this week and enjoy watching the other teams stress-free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad