GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I think you're being too critical. Yes, there were times we could have won tonight and didn't but Shesterkin showed why he is one of the best there is and will do that to any team on any night. We are in the home stretch and what matters most right now is consistency. I will take an Avs defensive effort like that 10/10, and their killer instinct will kick in in the playoffs - looking at you Makar. We outplayed them by almost every metric and were a bounce from winning, I don't think it's any use getting down on these games.
I loved our effort 5v5, but our PP has let us down way too much this season... And last season. Then we'll get multiple PP goals vs a team to keep our numbers up, but when we actually need it to come through, it fails us. We shouldn't be loosing games like today and vs Montreal. Dominating another team and finding a way to lose, is not a trend I want to see continue.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The rulebook on what defines a hand pass is clear as mud. How the hell have they not re-written this, and how does "or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" not apply to that play?

I also found it weird that Bednar had a long conversation with the ref before challenging the play, but they weren't taking about whether a puck off the glove is a hand pass or not?

Seems as though the discretion of the officials went against the Avs twice, even though there's an argument that both should have gone in their favor.

NHL-Hand-Pass.png

Reactions: The Moops

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018

Wait... what? So they admit it went off the glove, but it's not enough glove to be a hand pass?
But if it goes off an elbow it's a definite hand pass!

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Who really gives a f*** about the assist? It was a cool thing, now it's no more. The bigger part is losing, albeit in a shootout, to another top contender and our top guys didn't make the difference.
Eh debatable. Our guys did make a difference, their goalie just made a bigger one. Shesterkin looked unstoppable

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who really gives a f*** about the assist? It was a cool thing, now it's no more. The bigger part is losing, albeit in a shootout, to another top contender and our top guys didn't make the difference.
Fam, I do not want the President's Trophy. I am fine with some losses and allowing the Rags or Bruins to win it since the top teams in the West are falling like a meteorite.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I don't mind if Dallas wins the west if they get bounced round 1 by the Vegas 100 Million Dollar Knights

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't mind if Dallas wins the west if they get bounced round 1 by the Vegas 100 Million Dollar Knights
Yup. Like I said before, Jets are probably the best opponent to face in the 1st round for the Avs. So finishing 2nd in central wouldn’t be a bad thing

Reactions: katfude

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Listen, at the end of the day the Avs went into New York, looked like the better team and lost 2-1 in OT.

Then the Rangers came into Colorado, the Avs again looked like the better team and lost 2-1 in a shootout. Both times the Avs were shorthanded without Nichushkin.

I think that bodes quite well if these teams met in the SCF, because I don't think the Rangers could get outplayed over a 7 game series and win 4 times against the Avs unless Shesterkin went full 2011 Tim Thomas.

I'm not usually one for moral victories but the Avs looked very good against a top-3 team in the league tonight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Now for my beef with Bednar (again):

MacKinnon, Drouin, and Rantanen all played 28 minutes. TWENTY EIGHT MINUTES AS FORWARDS. Toews and Makar played 27 minutes.

Four Avs forwards played 10 minutes or less (Duhaime, Trenin, Cogliano, Foudy). In the case of the latter two, they played under 7 minutes; Foudy under 5 minutes.

Meanwhile look at the Rangers:

Zibanejad played 22 minutes. Panarin, Kreider, Lafreniere, and Trochek all 20 minutes or less. Only one forward below 12 minutes was Brodzinski.

I just can't stand how much he tires out the top guys. F***ing run the lines. The top line doesn't need to play HALF THE GOD DAMN GAME.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I think the first half of the game was pretty even and then the Avs dominated the 2nd half but lost anyway.

Difference: Igor was great, George was just fine.

Lack of scoring depth cost us the last 2 games. Now that Rants misses the net with almost every single shot, only Nate is a real threat. And quite frankly, that's not enough.

We see how it goes, but i'm getting a tiny bit concerned ...

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I mean, we got at least a point while the Jets lost again....

I feel sorry for Mac and that his streak has ended.

George for us was good or very good, Igor for the Rangers played lights out.

At this point i am happy with no further or longer injuries to key players and that we go into the playoffs as healthy as possible.

And i really hope Bednar comes to his mind and stops this bullshit with running our top guys into the ground......

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Wasn't there a Bednar quote saying a few weeks ago saying he wasn't going to overplay the top guys for a shot at the division/president? He really hasn't changed even with the Mittlestadt trade.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Now for my beef with Bednar (again):

MacKinnon, Drouin, and Rantanen all played 28 minutes. TWENTY EIGHT MINUTES AS FORWARDS. Toews and Makar played 27 minutes.

Four Avs forwards played 10 minutes or less (Duhaime, Trenin, Cogliano, Foudy). In the case of the latter two, they played under 7 minutes; Foudy under 5 minutes.

Meanwhile look at the Rangers:

Zibanejad played 22 minutes. Panarin, Kreider, Lafreniere, and Trochek all 20 minutes or less. Only one forward below 12 minutes was Brodzinski.

I just can't stand how much he tires out the top guys. F***ing run the lines. The top line doesn't need to play HALF THE GOD DAMN GAME.
yup… dude just can’t help himself

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bednar was pretty adamant in his post-game presser that it was a hand pass. Said they had a zoomed in shot on the iPad where it "clearly showed it went off his glove." Says he wasn't given an explanation why they allowed it to stand.
Then Bednar doesn’t know the rules I guess? That was very clearly not a hand pass.

Reactions: The Moops

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The rulebook on what defines a hand pass is clear as mud. How the hell have they not re-written this, and how does "or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" not apply to that play?

I also found it weird that Bednar had a long conversation with the ref before challenging the play, but they weren't taking about whether a puck off the glove is a hand pass or not?

Seems as though the discretion of the officials went against the Avs twice, even though there's an argument that both should have gone in their favor.

NHL-Hand-Pass.png
I don’t see what’s unclear? A player can’t “bat” the puck to his teammate. It’s basically the same rule as kicking the puck into the net.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
yup… dude just can’t help himself
It's not just about the heavy load for the top guys, we really should be pushing for Mitts-Rants as a duo in preparation for the playoffs. The Nate-Rants should remain a nuclear option, when we really need a shake-up or results. We won the cup without Rantanen and MacKinnon playing together, might want to try it again.

Lehkonen - MacK - Drouin
Nichushkin - Mittelstadt - Rantanen

That's what I'd go with

Nothing to be that unhappy about the game. Played one of the top contenders in the league, lost in a shootout. It was a very playoff type of game, just without the physicality and animosity I thought. Both teams defended very well, and avoided mistakes.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Not a terrible game. Lots of broken up passes in the offensive zone. The games are starting to get tighter as we approach the playoffs. Smaller mistakes and missed opportunities are going to start to get magnified.

And who on earth chose Attack of the Clones?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad