GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a bummer. Avs the better team, but lacking some finish, especially in the SO. Georgie played great. Shesterkin played amazing.

Rags with a bit more luck, and Nate loses out just 6 games shy of such an incredible record on a technicality. :banghead:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
yeah - 40/25 but I think we had junk looks. Wood and Mack both had only 5 sog - I think mack needs closer to 8-10. Regardless - if we have a series with them I don't think our 'system' brought them enough success against the rangers.
Special teams were the difference tonight. We gotta fix the PP. Teams that play a pressure PK shut down our PP badly.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
To be fair, you predict a lot of losses King.

Your overall record is probably quite poor, but god damn when this team goes down, Kingslayer called it. :laugh:
Ive called more wins on the Weekly than losses this season. This week just felt ripe for losing. Long streak, team on a burner scoring left and right. It makes sense for them to struggle a bit right now. Easy money.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I still absolutely despise when players say "I thought we played good enough to win tonight". Giving a good effort is great, but that's not the mentality I wanna see.
They didn't lose the game, they tied it. Had it continued I think he believes they would have won. I don't mind it at all, Cogs is a vet and understands things. He's saying if they play like that every night, he likes their chances and they just need to keep that up - especially defensively.

Shesterkin Shesterkined us tonight, the guy is on top of his game and that's a problem for the East. Insert a Nuke and/or juggle the lines a bit and the offense will start clicking again. I know they were missing Trouba and it's probably an equal value loss, but these are the kind of games Nuke thrives in.

Reactions: sethro109

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
Bednar was pretty adamant in his post-game presser that it was a hand pass. Said they had a zoomed in shot on the iPad where it "clearly showed it went off his glove." Says he wasn't given an explanation why they allowed it to stand.
I'm guessing Bednar got bad intel from the refs. I think he probably asked that if it goes off his hand, is it a hand pass no matter what. I think it clearly negates it when it hits off his pants and/or it doesn't matter if it hits below the wrist. Rule #79, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went for it thinking on other terms.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
They didn't lose the game, they tied it. Had it continued I think he believes they would have won. I don't mind it at all, Cogs is a vet and understands things. He's saying if they play like that every night, he likes their chances and they just need to keep that up - especially defensively.

Shesterkin Shesterkined us tonight, the guy is on top of his game and that's a problem for the East. Insert a Nuke and/or juggle the lines a bit and the offense will start clicking again. I know they were missing Trouba and it's probably an equal value loss, but these are the kind of games Nuke thrives in.
I know people hate the shootout, but we lost that game. Special teams (and Manson) let us down. If the game continued 5v5 infinite OTs, I still bet they would have gotten another PP goal before we got another goal. The Rangers weren't scared to throw pick after pick on MacK and any other player we had with speed away from the puck going through the middle. They knew our PP is easy to break up if they apply pressure.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Bednar was pretty adamant in his post-game presser that it was a hand pass. Said they had a zoomed in shot on the iPad where it "clearly showed it went off his glove." Says he wasn't given an explanation why they allowed it to stand.
It was 100%a hand pass the league even admitted it, shouldn't have counted, no idea why it was allowed. It's stupid, but by the books it shouldn't have counted.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeGarelli

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Georgiev is really good at them. He got beat by two great shots and Avs shooters gave him no help.

Disgusting 1st goal of the game allowed but otherwise no complaints.
He's still isn't anywhere near as good as Varly and Boods were. But you could probably argue shooters are better now too.

I can't blame him for that first goal. Manson was so incredibly stupid there. Just unbelievably idiotic. How are you supposed to trust your D-man when they do shit like that?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Shootouts are garbage. Those aren’t true wins or losses. The NHL should really do something to get rid of shootouts.
It was fine until 3 v 3 OT came in. They really should get rid of it.

He's still isn't anywhere near as good as Varly and Boods were. But you could probably argue shooters are better now too.

I can't blame him for that first goal. Manson was so incredibly stupid there. Just unbelievably idiotic. How are you supposed to trust your D-man when they do shit like that?
Yah Varly was amazing in the shootout. One of the best I have ever seen but for some reason he wasnt great on breakaways lol. Go figure.

Reactions: sethro109

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So my take on the no 29 assist is simple, if they are being this hard nose and adamant the Rangers player shot it into his own net, and that's why they aren't awarding assists, then in my opinion anytime a goal goes off your own team and into the net then the scoring team should be awarded no points. It should just be called an own goal no points to the scoring team.

I mean what is the difference between Toews talking a shot that ricochets off a Rangers player top shelf and a 50/50 rebound two guys fought over that just happens to touch the Rangers player last. 29 gets an assist if it deflects into the net off a rangers player, but no point for a 50/50 rebound that last touched a Rangers player. Utter BS.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
I know people hate the shootout, but we lost that game. Special teams (and Manson) let us down. If the game continued 5v5 infinite OTs, I still bet they would have gotten another PP goal before we got another goal. The Rangers weren't scared to throw pick after pick on MacK and any other player we had with speed away from the puck going through the middle. They knew our PP is easy to break up if they apply pressure.
I think you're being too critical. Yes, there were times we could have won tonight and didn't but Shesterkin showed why he is one of the best there is and will do that to any team on any night. We are in the home stretch and what matters most right now is consistency. I will take an Avs defensive effort like that 10/10, and their killer instinct will kick in in the playoffs - looking at you Makar. We outplayed them by almost every metric and were a bounce from winning, I don't think it's any use getting down on these games.

This felt like a game in a 5 game series, the one that's the reason they didn't sweep.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It was fine until 3 v 3 OT came in. They really should get rid of it.

Yah Varly was amazing in the shootout. One of the best I have ever seen but for some reason he wasnt great on breakaways lol. Go figure.
I don’t like 3 on 3 either but it’s still better than a shootout. What’s the alternative? Going back to 5 on 5 no shootouts and have ties? 4 on 4 sucked too. I really don’t know how they can make the OT better in NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad