GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Just remember, The Rise of Skywalker made it canon that Palpatine f***s.
Just remember, Disney Star Wars is NOT "Star Wars". It's Disney Star Wars, a totally different thing!

fight-me-cocky.gif

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Damn kids! The first movie, experienced in the theater in 1977, was the best. Seeing an entirely new Universe open up before my teenaged eyes was unspeakably good. I also saw my first Pink Floyd show right around that time, too. Animals Tour at Madison Square Garden. :nod:

As for the game tonight: Fvck the fvcking rangers.

Reactions: Bender

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Lol what did you use for this, Midjourney? Runway?
Bing imagine creator, which uses DALL·E 3.

Since the GDT is Star Wars themed tonight, I made a tweek to the game day AI moose image.
1000031747.jpg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Rogue One was mostly good, what soured it a bit for me was 1) The really bad CGI versions of two dead actors (though Carrie Fisher would not die until roughly two weeks after R1 was released), 2) The needless explanation of the Death Star's vulnerability just to appease bitchy fans, and 3) they for some reason thought it would be a good idea to have Gareth Edwards collect some random shots that would be used in the promos but not in the actual film, and lot of those shots are so damn good (Ex: An injured Jyn Erso limps along a catwalk in the tower where the final battle takes place armed only with a blaster when a TIE fighter pops up outta nowhere) that I just came away bummed after watching the movie itself.

FTR, my feelings on Rogue One are a tad mixed, but Andor has been far and away the best Star Wars television entry AINEC. Phenomenal show IMO. Cannot wait until the next, and final, season drops.

It's not a popular take but I really liked Solo and don't know why it gets so much hate. The only thing that throws me waaaay off is that a Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away, there's some dude named...Tobias Beckett!?!? That's his frickin' name!? Are we going to meet Jedi Master Dan Smith later!?
Oh, I actually quite enjoyed Solo. I thought it was fun and actually enjoyed the dude that played Han. Part of me wishes they would do a Legends series, get the dude that played Solo to do it again, get the Winter Soldier to be Luke (I've seen some incredible photos of him done up like Luke and he can look the part really well) and make the original Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Empire trilogy that first introduced Thrawn back in the early 90s. Just say bygones to the last three movies and pretend they didn't happen.

Reactions: The Moops

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Oh, I actually quite enjoyed Solo. I thought it was fun and actually enjoyed the dude that played Han. Part of me wishes they would do a Legends series, get the dude that played Solo to do it again, get the Winter Soldier to be Luke (I've seen some incredible photos of him done up like Luke and he can look the part really well) and make the original Timothy Zahn, Heir to the Empire trilogy that first introduced Thrawn back in the early 90s. Just say bygones to the last three movies and pretend they didn't happen.
Loved that Heir trilogy, and got me into Zahn's other books which were fun.

It was awesome seeing Thrawn in the Rebels show which was pretty fun to watch with my kids. I want to see what happens but I didn't get past episode 2 of Ahsoka lol

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Yeah I think it was great in large part because of how they casted Han. That guy did a phenomenal job. Also Lando. It was just a fun origin story with how he came across Chewy and Lando, the Falcon, etc.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Bing imagine creator, which uses DALL·E 3.

Since the GDT is Star Wars themed tonight, I made a tweek to the game day AI moose image.
View attachment 842686

Oh DALL-E 3 yeah, of course! Pretty great stuff you can come up with, always enjoy your works here :D

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Ok, I'm going to blow your guys minds right now.

Honest truth.

I've never watched any Star Wars movie.
Watch the original trilogy, and Rogue One. Pretend nothing else exists. People will tell you the mandalorian's great, but that show really really lives off of its first season.

There's also this fan edit of the prequel trilogy that's not bad. But watching that, is just a lot of work and not worth it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I would gladly take a full Jar Jar movie over whatever the f*** The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker was.
I legitimately can't remember if I've seen Rise of Skywalker. I don't think I have, but if I did, it left that good of impression on me. I know the Mary Poppins scene was where I had just had enough. I lived through Jar Jar and Hayden Christensen, but that flat out broke me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The middle movie in the Disney trilogy was one of the worst I have ever seen in my life and I watched a lot of Lifetime movies in the past. If you want to know how to make a movie that nobody cares for in terms of storyline, setting, and characters, that is Genesis.
Broooo, you’re missing out if you’re being serious. Probably my favorite stand alone Star Wars movie. I didn’t mind Solo either.

Same boat for Andor and the spin-off tv shows.
I also quite liked Solo, not sure why I got so much hate even though it probably should not have been made (based on Han's character).

Rouge One is amazing if you love pure action flicks. It's solid, definitely the best of the bunch concerning the Disney movies. They have even destroyed Obi-Wan and I am not sure how that was possible and a lesser degree The Mandalorian (last season was so plain and boring).

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Yep I can fill out a prompt box pretty good if I do say so my self.
View attachment 842706

Ha, I actually think it's tougher to get proper results than is commonly thought! You really have to practice with prompts to see what works and what doesn't, especially when you're getting into more advanced stuff like combining word + image prompts. Part of the fun, of course, is never *quite* knowing what the algorithms will produce... :laugh:

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad