GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Anyone not voting for ESB is wrong, and is also a bad person
giphy.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What's Rouge One?
As someone who legit hates what Disney has done to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and even Willow, I can honestly say I enjoyed Rogue One. It's the story of how the Death Star plans got stolen prior to the first Star Wars film.

So you know going in, it will not have a happy ending since there was the line about in Star Wars about everyone dying to get them. Even so, I found myself actually rooting for and hoping for a different outcome. That takes good writing and acting.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As someone who legit hates what Disney has done to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and even Willow, I can honestly say I enjoyed Rogue One. It's the story of how the Death Star plans got stolen prior to the first Star Wars film.

So you know going in, it will not have a happy ending since there was the line about in Star Wars about everyone dying to get them. Even so, I found myself actually rooting for and hoping for a different outcome. That takes good writing and acting.
Rogue One was mostly good, what soured it a bit for me was 1) The really bad CGI versions of two dead actors (though Carrie Fisher would not die until roughly two weeks after R1 was released), 2) The needless explanation of the Death Star's vulnerability just to appease bitchy fans, and 3) they for some reason thought it would be a good idea to have Gareth Edwards collect some random shots that would be used in the promos but not in the actual film, and lot of those shots are so damn good (Ex: An injured Jyn Erso limps along a catwalk in the tower where the final battle takes place armed only with a blaster when a TIE fighter pops up outta nowhere) that I just came away bummed after watching the movie itself.

FTR, my feelings on Rogue One are a tad mixed, but Andor has been far and away the best Star Wars television entry AINEC. Phenomenal show IMO. Cannot wait until the next, and final, season drops.

It's not a popular take but I really liked Solo and don't know why it gets so much hate. The only thing that throws me waaaay off is that a Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away, there's some dude named...Tobias Beckett!?!? That's his frickin' name!? Are we going to meet Jedi Master Dan Smith later!?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Rogue One was mostly good, what soured it a bit for me was 1) The really bad CGI versions of two dead actors (though Carrie Fisher would not die until roughly two weeks after R1 was released), 2) The needless explanation of the Death Star's vulnerability just to appease bitchy fans, and 3) they for some reason thought it would be a good idea to have Gareth Edwards collect some random shots that would be used in the promos but not in the actual film, and lot of those shots are so damn good (Ex: An injured Jyn Erso limps along a catwalk in the tower where the final battle takes place armed only with a blaster when a TIE fighter pops up outta nowhere) that I just came away bummed after watching the movie itself.

FTR, my feelings on Rogue One are a tad mixed, but Andor has been far and away the best Star Wars television entry AINEC. Phenomenal show IMO. Cannot wait until the next, and final, season drops.

It's not a popular take but I really liked Solo and don't know why it gets so much hate. The only thing that throws me waaaay off is that a Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far, Away, there's some dude named...Tobias Beckett!?!? That's his frickin' name!? Are we going to meet Jedi Master Dan Smith later!?

I would like to publicly protest this post and move forwards with having it stricken from the records. Rogue One is number 1. Fire Bednar and trade Rants.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
NERRRRRRRRDS!

my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif

Oh. You've seen it.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Some names are just timeless/boundless.

493c60577c6992b9a452387d3c1bf399.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad