Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Tyson Barrie (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
so he will get between 4-6 mill? he deserves that anyways. I thought Barrie would be asking for more tbh

just sign him long term Avs... guy is deadly offensively and is only gonna get better

6x6 would be a steal if Avs could sign him to that now... he will be worth more after next season IMO

I assumed he was asking for an insane amount and that's why he wasn't being signed... seems like Avs are the one to blame now for not getting this done

This is gonna bite Avs in the ass BIGTIME next year if a longterm deal isn't in place this offseason

Last edited:

Mad Brills*

Uh, doesn't that team offer take him right to UFA or am I wrong?

Childish Gamsteeno

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
Wow. I know it's the arbitration game but that's a lowball from the Avs.. Have to think he either gets the 6 mill or gets something quite close to it

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Very reasonable. No idea why it hasn't been done yet, just go to the middle and call it a day.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wow. I know it's the arbitration game but that's a lowball from the Avs.. Have to think he either gets the 6 mill or gets something quite close to it

Not really, the Avs are going to have much better comparables for their range (Josi, Klingberg, Faulk) than Barrie has. The only really decent comparable Barrie has is Dougie Hamilton, he is not anywhere close to the player Karlsson or Pietrangelo are, and there aren't really any other decent comparables in that range.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Not really, the Avs are going to have much better comparables for their range (Josi, Klingberg, Faulk) than Barrie has. The only really decent comparable Barrie has is Dougie Hamilton, he is not anywhere close to the player Karlsson or Pietrangelo are, and there aren't really any other decent comparables in that range.

Rielly and Yandle are both good comparables in that price range.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Yandle's contract can not be used since it covered UFA years.

Has it been made official that the Avs chose 1 year? I thought for sure they'd go for 2.

No, the Avs have picked 2 years based on what Friedman reported in that tweet. It was their choice.

Barrie, since he filed for arbitration, automatically was limited to a 1 year request.

Schenn asked for $5.5m. Settled for 4 x $5.125m

Johansson asked for $5.25m. Settled for 3 x $4.58m.

OK...but neither of those deals is 7-8 years. ;)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
so he will get between 4-6 mill? he deserves that anyways. I thought Barrie would be asking for more tbh

just sign him long term Avs... guy is deadly offensively and is only gonna get better

6x6 would be a steal if Avs could sign him to that now... he will be worth more after next season IMO

I assumed he was asking for an insane amount and that's why he wasn't being signed... seems like Avs are the one to blame now for not getting this done

This is gonna bite Avs in the ass BIGTIME next year if a longterm deal isn't in place this offseason

Just because his camp is asking for 6 million for one year, doesn't mean they would be okay with a long term contract at 6 million.

Very reasonable. No idea why it hasn't been done yet, just go to the middle and call it a day.

Probably because the Avs don't want to sign him to a 1 year, 6 million deal. They'll just have to turn around and give him a raise next offseason if he improves again.

slobbergob

Apr 29, 2015
Based on Freidman's tweet, it's clear that the team wants 2 years, and Barrie's camp wants one.

My confusion was that Barrie elected arb so what he wants doesn't matter. The Avs decide if it's a 1 or 2 year deal.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
My confusion was that Barrie elected arb so what he wants doesn't matter. The Avs decide if it's a 1 or 2 year deal.

I'd be stunned if the Avs didn't go the 2 year route. They're not going to want to go through this again next offseason.

Mad Brills*

If he signs for 2 or less years doesn't this become ROR 2.0? He'll be a pending UFA the summer before, so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad