COL/OTT in Sweden not nationally broadcast in Canada

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
The NHL is stupid is making them play on a Friday and have the games shown at 2pm EST and 12 MTS. Like who the hell would watch these games when everyone works on a friday. The NHL should have made both games on the Saturday and the Sunday. NHL messed up big time.

In Sweden this a Friday night and Saturday night game. I think that's what they wanted and is probably the right choice. A Sunday night game wouldn't work, and they can't play Saturday night and Sunday afternoon back to back. Or at least it doesn't happen very often

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
In Sweden this a Friday night and Saturday night game. I think that's what they wanted and is probably the right choice. A Sunday night game wouldn't work, and they can't play Saturday night and Sunday afternoon back to back. Or at least it doesn't happen very often

so you can play to back to back games starting at 7pm but not at 1pm or what ever time. that makes no sense.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
so you can play to back to back games starting at 7pm but not at 1pm or what ever time. that makes no sense.

I most definitely think they could've played these games Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, if only they wanted.

The games started 8pm and 7pm respectively, by the way. And yes, the games are mainly for the Swedish audience so Friday and Saturday night games make most sense for maximum exposure. Both games prime time on a big channel. I would estimate a few hundred thousand Swedish TV viewers per game on top of those in the arena, but we'll know for sure soon. What's a regular NBC figure?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad