Confirmed Trade: [COL/DET] Patrik Nemeth (50% retained) for 2022 4th round pick

Crow

May 19, 2014
I guess depth? Seems odd to me. Why not give a little more and get a little more?

Reactions: Morrison

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Genuinely wondering.. did Colorado need LD? I thought they were deep there.
Don’t need a LD specifically. With EJ probably done, though, they needed a D — and I’m guessing feel comfortable playing a LD on the right. With Nemeth, they know exactly what they’re getting. Could have used better to actually replace EJ but whatever, Nemeth is a good dude to have around as depth.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
200.gif

Reactions: Morrison

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I am actually shocked that they didn't include Bernier in that deal to fully go for the 2nd time is the charm strategy...

Not loving the cost or fit but its fine I guess. Better than overspending on Savard for sure...
I hope someone else overpay for Savard. Bernier might be going there, maybe the Avs are waiting for the price to drop when the deadline is imminent.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Nice add by Colorado, a guy they're familiar with and will fill in for the next bit while they wait for more guys to come back into the line up

Perfect type of guy to be a #6/7 on a contender IMO, he has been playing above his station in Detroit being deployed as a ~top 4 guy more often than not, he will look so much better in this depth role on a much stronger roster

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Fair enough deal really. A 4th is a pretty slim asset, and this will be a late 4th. We're realistically looking at, what, the 115th overall pick or so?

At the same time, Nemeth hasn't been too good this year. Hoped for maybe a 2nd coming into the season, but a 4th is understandable based on his play over the last 50 or so games.

I think he can work well in a depth role for COL.

All around probably a fair deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad