Confirmed Trade: [COL/DAL] Fredrik Olofsson (signs 1 year, $775k, two-way) for future considerations

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Upcoming UFA depth forward . Seems wierd for a team to trade for the exclusive negotiating rights ( until July 1st ) for 4th liner like that . Oh well

huge if true

Guess they didn't want to wait until 1st of July

Reactions: uncleben

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Upcoming UFA depth forward . Seems wierd for a team to trade for the exclusive negotiating rights ( until July 1st ) for 4th liner like that . Oh well

Guess they didn't want to wait until 1st of July

Definitely wanted to avoid that bidding war, good on 'em for being proactive. :nod:

Good luck with the Avs, Freddie!

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
When he came in for Benn in Round 2, he actually played better than Benn… it’s a good trade for Colorado.

Reactions: hn777

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Worked out pretty well, the last time they brought in a Dallas castoff........although who knows what the plan is now, with Nuke. :dunno:
I thought the most recent reports were that there will be no further investigation with Nuke, and that he plans to show up to camp?

Olofsson could be intriguing. I thought he brought a lot of energy in his two games with Dallas in the playoffs. He had some strong seasons in the SHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I thought the most recent reports were that there will no further investigation with Nuke, and that he plans to show up to camp?

Olofsson could be intriguing. I thought he brought a lot of energy in his two games with Dallas in the playoffs. He had some strong seasons in the SHL.

I hope that's true.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He played for a while in Colorado back in the day so maybe the Avs wanted to bring a player home - for whatever reason.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I'm not saying it's awful or anything, but I don't understand why you would be in a hurry to acquire and sign this guy. Especially a franchise like the Avalanche, that could be pretty attractive to many free agents.

It's the kind of signing you do on july 3rd if you still have to plug a hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad