Confirmed Trade: [COL/CHI] Jack Johnson for Andreas Englund

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
So I'm guessing Jack Johnson will get flipped at the deadline?

Edit: Wait just realized he was on the Blackhawks :laugh:

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
I see the Avs are being productive while the other orgs are loading up.

This sure goes a long way to filling their 2C hole in the lineup.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I see this trade more or less Colorado knows Johnson and is looking for a good cheap inexpensive reliable depth defenseman.

Johnson makes 50k more
Smart move by Colorado

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Englund is better than Jack Johnson right now. What's Colorado doing?
Hard to quantify/qualify who is better. Englund is certainly more mobile. But Bednar doesn't trust to give him more than 10 mins a night in regular season games.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Ya not a huge fan of this deal. We need to add another D, not swap one. Also think Englund is better now but understand why the team wanted to go with the vet here. Still, Englund could have stuck around for a few more seasons.
Ya thats the biggest loss. I'm guessing we tried to re-sign Englund, but he wasn't gonna sign for min. We couldn't afford it if a bottom team like Chicago gives him >1M anyways.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with adding a depth defender for basically nothing, and since he knows the team and coaching staff, it's easy for him to jump in and play if he's needed.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I hope not, he's been such a good tank driver for the Hawks. But if it's what he wanted I guess he earned that right.
The Black Hawks aren't a lottery team because of JJ but glad to see him back with the Avs as he had some crappy luck along the way and adds value even if minimal to the Avs.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Englund had a tough start with Colorado but really turned it around lately and I am a little surprised he was dealt.

With that said, he's only been averaging a little over 10 minutes per game since January 1st, and based on this trade it seems like he was a player the Avalanche weren't comfortable using in a playoff game.

Glad Jack Johnson is back. A lot has been said about the player over the years, but he fit Colorado like a glove as a #6/7D last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad