Confirmed Trade: [COL/ARI] Darcy Kuemper ($1M ret.) for Connor Timmins, '22 1st, and '24 cond. 3rd

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Sadly Timmins might not even play again and if he does how long until he has a career ending injury or concussion. As for Kemps he's been really good the past 7 games minus lastnights game against the Sens

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sadly Timmins might not even play again and if he does how long until he has a career ending injury or concussion. As for Kemps he's been really good the past 7 games minus lastnights game against the Sens
Timmins had knee surgery and is done for the year. Took a cheap shot from that absolute goon Radko Gudas. Not sure his career is in jeopardy from the knee surgery. Those days seem to be long gone, for the most part. Guys usually come back okay, nowadays. And as far as I know, his head wasn’t hurt on the play. So I don’t think is concussion history is a factor.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Avs essentially traded their 1st round pick for Kuemper. Timmins was a valueless throw in for the exact reason why he isn’t playing in Arizona. He simply cannot stay healthy.

The trade was fine. Kuemper has been ranging from okay-great before last night. I’m not sure there were any other options that I’d have preferred Sakic to go with.
I suggest you watch a video of the Gudas knee and then tell me which NHL player would’ve been able to sustain that without injury? I can save you the time and just let you know that player doesn’t exist.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I suggest you watch a video of the Gudas knee and then tell me which NHL player would’ve been able to sustain that without injury? I can save you the time and just let you know that player doesn’t exist.
You realize Timmins will have played 97 games in about 4.5 calendar years by the time he is back next season for the Coyotes?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I've watched every Avs game so far and think he's been overall good to great. It took him a small handful of games to find a rhythm, as it usually does with goaltenders on new teams, but the last few weeks he's been fantastic. Even last nights game, I don't hold many of those goals against him, it was a weird night.

But like others have said, for Kuemper and almost every other Avs player, nothing in the regular season matters. The postseason is the only thing they'll be judged by this year.

The trade was overpriced at the time, and I think it still is now, but it was necessary. Nothing has changed my belief that the Avs upgraded over Grubauer.

Reactions: Theodore450

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I still really like this trade for Colorado, as hit or miss as Kuemper has been, its been mostly hits

Never was a fan of Conor Timmins, certainly wish him better health but do not bemoan his loss

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
this pops up after he has a shitty game. Where was this the past 6 games? I wasnt a fan of the trade either but Kuemper has been good to great during the last 7 games.

This is one of the worst posts I’ve read in a while.

Good to know the single stupidest poster on this site. Gotta figure out that ignore button for once.

Keep drinking the kool-aid boys. Min. 3 games played, Kuemper ranks 39th in SV% (.906) and 30th in GAA (2.79). In the last 6 games, he had a SV% under 0.872 three times. On a team like the Avs and those defensemen, those numbers are atrocious. I hope Frankie comes back healthy and becomes the #1.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Keep drinking the kool-aid boys. Min. 3 games played, Kuemper ranks 39th in SV% (.906) and 30th in GAA (2.79). In the last 6 games, he had a SV% under 0.872 three times. On a team like the Avs and those defensemen, those numbers are atrocious. I hope Frankie comes back healthy and becomes the #1.
I know you are the type to believe everything you read on the Internet, but most of us don’t. BS is BS. Even when you write and hit post. It’s still just nonsense from your keyboard.

Reactions: Theodore450

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
This is a completely made up stat by you.

His last 7 games:

Sorry, it was sorted by first 7 games instead of last 7 games for some reason.

But still, .750 and .893 vs OTT and SEA is bad. Watching the games, he seemed lazy at times, packed in it for the 3rd period vs SEA and was completely clueless on that last OTT goal. I have no faith in him bringing the Avs past the 3rd round.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I know you are the type to believe everything you read on the Internet, but most of us don’t. BS is BS. Even when you write and hit post. It’s still just nonsense from your keyboard.

I actually watch the games and have seen his rebound control is terrible. Sure they are PP goals against, but he can't direct pucks to safe zones for the life of him, and his positioning is also a concern during scrambles. Luckily the Avs average 4 goals per game, or people would be up in arms with his performances this season thus far.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Given the gluttony of goaltenders who were available in FA this past off-season, it definitely seems like a misstep by Sakic to have given up a 1st + a D prospect in exchange for 1 year of Kuemper when he could've just signed one and then used that trade currency to upgrade the lineup elsewhere

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Fun fact: I tried to find this video…. I typed “Gudas” and “knee” and SO many knee on knee hits came up.

How is this guy still in the league??

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019

But still, .750 and .893 vs OTT and SEA is bad. Watching the games, he seemed lazy at times, packed in it for the 3rd period vs SEA and was completely clueless on that last OTT goal. I have no faith in him bringing the Avs past the 3rd round.

He certainly hasn't helped himself in some games this year. However, I have trouble imagining Kuemper being suspect for the rest of the season

Historically, he has always been reliable. Perhaps that has something to do with the system, but I doubt he would end up outside of top-10 goalies at the end of the season, especially with Avs' D corps in front of him.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Timmins' was hardly the quickest skater, so him requiring season ending surgery isn't a good sign. I remember back when he was first drafted people had him as a cornerstone of our future along with Makar. Dude just can't catch a break.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Given the gluttony of goaltenders who were available in FA this past off-season, it definitely seems like a misstep by Sakic to have given up a 1st + a D prospect in exchange for 1 year of Kuemper when he could've just signed one and then used that trade currency to upgrade the lineup elsewhere

It really was strange, especially with Colorado being such a competitive team and top destination. He seemed to think he could squeeze Grubauer and really misplayed his hand.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Kuemper had a rocky start but he's 7-1-0 in his last 8 games. The Ottawa game wasn't pretty, but I'm not sure how you can complain about the Seattle game. Up 7-0, Colorado stopped skating in the third and were outshot 15-5 (after outshooting Seattle 25-13 in the first two periods).

I don't think Kuemper is what he was ~2 years ago, so it's certainly debatable what the Avalanche should do long term. But this season, he's the guy.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
It really was strange, especially with Colorado being such a competitive team and top destination. He seemed to think he could squeeze Grubauer and really misplayed his hand.

Or he wasn't interested in giving Grubauer the kind of term he got in Seattle, and... something about proof and pudding?

I've been iffy on some of Kuemper's performances, but people digging up his numbers have no idea how many games he's kept the Avs in already. I strongly maintain Sakic knew what he was doing and got his guy

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Timmins had knee surgery and is done for the year. Took a cheap shot from that absolute goon Radko Gudas. Not sure his career is in jeopardy from the knee surgery. Those days seem to be long gone, for the most part. Guys usually come back okay, nowadays. And as far as I know, his head wasn’t hurt on the play. So I don’t think is concussion history is a factor.

he will be back, Some are trying to make the deal not look as bad as it is looking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad