Waived: Cody McLeod

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Best of luck to him in Milwaukee or with whoever claims him, sounds like Forsberg will be back soon.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Someone has to go to make room for Forsberg but why now unless he’s coming back early?
It means that Forsberg is likely back tomorrow. He did score from between his legs in practice today. And tomorrow isn't exactly early. Friday is the 4 week mark of his injury.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
You'd think that Forsberg wouldn't be wearing a non-contact jersey in practice today if he was ready to play in an actual game tomorrow. I don't think he'll play until after the break, but who knows? My feeling is that Cody wasn't playing, wasn't going to play and Forsberg will be back sometime soon, so why wait to waive him?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You'd think that Forsberg wouldn't be wearing a non-contact jersey in practice today if he was ready to play in an actual game tomorrow. I don't think he'll play until after the break, but who knows? My feeling is that Cody wasn't playing, wasn't going to play and Forsberg will be back sometime soon, so why wait to waive him?
Because McLeod is our only extra forward. We won't go with just 12. We will always carry at least 1 extra. Plus, if Forsberg wasn't ready, he wouldn't have been performing the fancy between the legs moves in practice.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Because McLeod is our only extra forward. We won't go with just 12. We will always carry at least 1 extra. Plus, if Forsberg wasn't ready, he wouldn't have been performing the fancy between the legs moves in practice.

So, he's perfectly 100% healthy because he did "the fancy between the legs move"? So he was wearing the non-contact jersey because he's grown fond of the color or something? As for the 13th forward, it's a pretty simple thing to assign McLeod tomorrow morning and have Gaudreau come on over to New Jersey for one game. I just think wearing a non-contact jersey might be a better indicator of health than "the fancy between the legs move", but like I said, who knows for sure?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Best of luck to him in Milwaukee

nooo-gif-8-1.gif

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So, he's perfectly 100% healthy because he did "the fancy between the legs move"? So he was wearing the non-contact jersey because he's grown fond of the color or something? As for the 13th forward, it's a pretty simple thing to assign McLeod tomorrow morning and have Gaudreau come on over to New Jersey for one game. I just think wearing a non-contact jersey might be a better indicator of health than "the fancy between the legs move", but like I said, who knows for sure?
Yeah I tend to agree with you here. We'll probably throw Gaudreau or some random guy from Milwaukee in the press box and (if he COULD play tomorrow) just give Forsberg an extra 4 or 5 free days of rest instead of potentially risking an aggrevation of the injury. Might as well.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
They made the decision that McLeod was going to be the one waived when Forsberg comes back so give Cody a chance to go to another team or to Milwaukee and play. Gaudreau will be the 13th forward.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
McLeod's time was up. He maybe even overstayed relative to most of the fighters in the league. There was nobody left to fight. He did have some decent physical games without the fighting, but at this point, we just have too many better players.
JOFA
Hartnell/Aberg/Tolvanen - Turris - Smith
Fiala - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Gaudreau/Salomaki - Sissons - Watson

... there's not room to carry him, everybody else is better. They've got guys who can move around and fill in at any position. And that's before the trade deadline, where they'll probably pick up some rental, even if it's not a glamorous one. Best wishes to McLeod, hopefully somebody picks him up to finish out the year.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
They made the decision that McLeod was going to be the one waived when Forsberg comes back so give Cody a chance to go to another team or to Milwaukee and play. Gaudreau will be the 13th forward.
Makes zero sense to call up Gaudreau just to make him the 13th forward and only scratch him. Keeping McLeod up until they need to make a change makes more sense. That's why I believe Forsberg is coming back now. That or they are waiving him and going to wait to send him down in a week or two when Forsberg does come back (He doesn't have to clear waivers again for 30 days).

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Makes zero sense to call up Gaudreau just to make him the 13th forward and only scratch him. Keeping McLeod up until they need to make a change makes more sense. That's why I believe Forsberg is coming back now. That or they are waiving him and going to wait to send him down in a week or two when Forsberg does come back (He doesn't have to clear waivers again for 30 days).

If you have a good skating team like NJ, it would behoove a team that a team have a 13th forward that could skate in case someone goes down to injury, or someone is in limbo of playing

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Forsberg is still in a non-contact jersey, at an optional morning skate...

I just don't see how you can't trust a guy to take a little bit of contact at a practice, or an optional morning skate and then you're ready to throw him into an actual game later that night. Doesn't add up to me

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I just don't see how you can't trust a guy to take a little bit of contact at a practice, or an optional morning skate and then you're ready to throw him into an actual game later that night. Doesn't add up to me
I guess we will just go on without an extra tonight. If someone gets hurt in practice I guess we will dress 7 defensemen. Gaudreau was at the Milwaukee practice today so unless it's last minute, he's not getting called up.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Yep- at this point just sit him out tonight and have him be ready to go after the break..

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Everyone who skated with the team last season was a necessary piece of the puzzle at some point. Cody McLeod was useful in getting the season turned around, he was part of the shakeup that toughened up the roster and got the second half surge going.

Now I think what the roster lacks in toughness, it can make up for in experience. Hopefully he still has some good games in him and enjoys his time in New York. Thanks for being part of the best Preds playoff run ever Cody!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad