Proposal: Cody Ceci for Andreas Athanasiou

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I think Ceci could return a better player but I wouldnt be too upset if AA was the main return in a Ceci trade.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I Don’t think Ceci will ever develop an offensive game, but Chabot isn’t ready for top 4 duty yet.

That being said, AA is a creator. Ottawa is lacking that type specifically. Though Boucher would never give him the opportunity because he is a east-west player which is against everything Boucher stands for.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
giphy.gif

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
hahaha this is terribad for DET...Ceci has been absolute trash.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Is Ceci a potential top pairing guy? If not, then he's not of value to a team that seems to have no problem collecting a lot of middle and bottom pairing guys. That AA isn't going to return that kind of player isn't relevant to the fact that I wouldn't trade any of our young players (AA, Larkin, Mantha) for anything less.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Why are Athanasiou's possession stats so bad?

I was a proponent of trading for him when he was holding out, but the Flyers can't afford another top 9 forward who struggles in possession.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Why are Athanasiou's possession stats so bad?

I was a proponent of trading for him when he was holding out, but the Flyers can't afford another top 9 forward who struggles in possession.

He gets bottom 6 minutes playing with an enforcer and an AHL player rn. The wings appear to be trying to break him in at C but don't want to overwhelm him. He looks good on the ice, quick, shifty, and some dangle but he still needs some refinement, and better line mates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad