Confirmed with Link: Coburn Traded to Tampa Bay for Radko Gudas & 2 Picks (1st & 3rd)

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Glad he was finally moved. Nice haul too. As a former Coburn defender, only to watch him really struggle here as he got progressively worse, happy to see him elsewhere where maybe he can regain form and summon beastmode Coburn again. He won't have to shoulder as much in TB.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
so with Gudas done for the season that limits the Flyers trading another defender doesn't it? unless its for a deal like this only for a younger healthy defenseman.
not sure if the Flyers deal Schenn or even Grossmann for just picks. They could get dealt and may very well get traded but it has to be for a player coming back. Coburn's last game as a Flyer was a very strong one and helped the Flyers win.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
fell asleep with radio on and just as i woke up i hear the news. now i cant go back to sleep and i have a job interview at 9:30 :cry::laugh:

SchennSational1022*

Gudas sucks, not sure why we even got him. He makes Luke Schenn look like Bobby Orr skating wise, if you can even believe that.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m2 minutes ago

Braydon Coburn deal to #TBLightning is now official. #flyers get TB's 2015 first-round pick, 2015 third-rounder and Radko Gudas. #NHLTrade

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I'd love to see Coburn win a Cup, but I'd far rather have the 20th pick than the 30th, so I can't imagine I'll be cheering for them. Was hoping it'd be the Rangers' pick.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
braydon-coburn-fist-pump-o.gif

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Who is left we could get a 2nd for besides probably Luke that we are wanting to trade?

Some combo of Grossmann? Read? Emery?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Good move selling Coburn now the way the market was evolving.
An additional 1st in a very deep draft would have done it for me, anything else is just whipped cream on the topping...

Unfortunately, we are stuck with Grossmann, MacDonald, Umberger and Lecavalier.

SchennSational1022*

Luke > Gudas. Hope they don't ship Luke out for Radko ****ing Gudas.....

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd love to see Coburn win a Cup, but I'd far rather have the 20th pick than the 30th, so I can't imagine I'll be cheering for them. Was hoping it'd be the Rangers' pick.

This is Timonens year anyway, Coburn can wait his turn.

Lightning lose in the first round and Blackhawks win the cup.

Luke > Gudas. Hope they don't ship Luke out for Radko ****ing Gudas.....

Schenn is trash. Even if Gudas is worse, he's only making $1m next year and then we can get rid of him if we want.

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
70f3e7744b.png

Ek called it, but if any of those other teams would have won he would have called it as well I suppose.

RJ8812*

hahha this is amazing

I have never been so happy to see a player traded...except for Carter

I've been praying for this day to come for the past few years. What a great return too.

Thank you Hextall

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Love the trade. Now Hextall should try to get a 3rd for Grossman. Dude is big but fragile as hell.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
So the Flyers now have five picks in the first three rounds of the 2015 draft?

1st Flyers 1st, TB(or NYR)
2nd CHI
3rd SJ and TB

Too bad our own picks are dealt IN THE 2nd and 3rd and the teams we own are good records.

Haven't had five picks in the first three rounds in almost a decade (2006)

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Good trade. A first round pick and white Subban for Coburn is no deal to sneeze at. I was kind of rooting for Tampa to go far this year, but with the pick, I'll settle for a first round exit :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad