Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
This show is absolutely amazing. Wow. Haven't seen a show this good in a long time.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Nah. The karate was not very believable.
The whole series took place over how long.. maybe a month at most.. and the kids with no prior Karate training became black belts by the end?

What's not believable about that?

I don't think there will be a Karate boom because of this series. This is targeted toward adults/"millennials" as nostalgia. I don't see many adults just joining karate out of the blue. As a kid I took a handful of Karate lessons because of the Karate Kid movies (as well as the 3 Ninjas movies), but I soon abandoned it because I didn't immediately become a black belt.. haha

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The whole series took place over how long.. maybe a month at most.. and the kids with no prior Karate training became black belts by the end?

What's not believable about that?

I don't think there will be a Karate boom because of this series. This is targeted toward adults/"millennials" as nostalgia. I don't see many adults just joining karate out of the blue. As a kid I took a handful of Karate lessons because of the Karate Kid movies (as well as the 3 Ninjas movies), but I soon abandoned it because I didn't immediately become a black belt.. haha

Oh, it was a whole month? I was not aware. Totally believable now. Especially the mohwawk kid. He was a fast learner.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
People are so easily amused these days. I watched four episodes and couldnt do it anymore. This show is trash. Horrible acting other than Zabka. People like me who grew up on the Karate Kid like me should understand how pointless this really is. People who didnt should dislike it for the utter cheese and poor acting alone.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
People are so easily amused these days. I watched four episodes and couldnt do it anymore. This show is trash. Horrible acting other than Zabka. People like me who grew up on the Karate Kid like me should understand how pointless this really is. People who didnt should dislike it for the utter cheese and poor acting alone.

Completely pointless... and never would have been made if Zabka or Macchio had any type of career still.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Will Smith is an executive producer. Please don't tell me this is just something to bring back his son's horrible rendition of the series.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Watched it last week. Very well done & put together I thought, while not doing damage to the original films.

Only thing that confused me was why they chose to show Mr. Myagi as dying in 2011, when Pat Morita passed away in 2005. Trivial I know, but that stood out.

Looking forward to another season, if they choose to do so.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
The first season is now available via a three month free trial of Youtube Premium. Youtube "Red" has been jettisoned and "Premium" -- unlike Red -- is available in Canada. I had watched the first two episodes for free when the series first debuted, but wasn't invested enough in the show to pay for the rest. I'll check it out now.

No need to call me a cheap bastard. It's a given.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Just finished this series. Amazing.. so well done.. I thought it would be horrible, but I stand corrected.. Can't wait for season 2!

My thoughts exactly.

I binge watched this this morning.

And still, Johnny > Daniel in terms of likeability and badass-ness.

Dat season ending though...I had goosebumps. :amazed:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Initially I really liked it. The first 8 episodes were very enjoyable to watch. The miserable state of Johnny's life in contrast with Daniel's flourishing business was a good setup. Miguel is an interesting character and I was interested to see where it would lead.

Then episode 9 and 10 happened and it ruined everything for me. Miguel went from hero to villain in the blink of an eye. Felt very forced. I won't go into detail to avoid spoilers, but they just ruined the setup of 8 episodes in 10 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad