coaching

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But tge goal this season is not winning...it is development and security gvanother high pick nearcthevtop of drafting gvin each round includongvgettingvanothercekutectalent or talents from ourbpicksvi round 1 of the draft.

We shoukdbnotvwant to do well in the standings...not Tank but since we are depth and overalk talent lacking we shoukd battle as best we cN ...thevyoung guys learning...and hopelyvadd to the depth and talent next season and the one after until it all manifests into what is required I talent depth to become a playoff teM and Cup contender.

Reactions: Drumman44

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Name any coach in the who can "fogurevout" Connor Barfy and$9.5= impossible to fix!

Name any coach in the NHL who woukd go with the next 4 forwards on our top six forwards after Bedard and possibly Hall in their top 6 F group?

You woukd bot find sich a coach if he had better options..

LR is saddled with the current status of the tale.nt and abilities given to him...do not expect miracles this season...coaching can only go sobfarvifbpkayers don't "have it" or cannot do the job proficiently.

The only Hawks player getting an A for proficiency and competency in doing his roke well is Vlasic (so far through 6 games)..

The rest have all given us issues to ponder.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Every coach will have some decision people can criticize rightfully. There is no perfect human.

I've been extremely impressed with Luke Richardson. He's building real culture, structure, pushes the right buttons. You can see how good he communicates.

I remember this article from Powers, he said something like 'LR continues to feel like the perfect coach for this team'.

I agree.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Every coach will have some decision people can criticize rightfully. There is no perfect human.

I've been extremely impressed with Luke Richardson. He's building real culture, structure, pushes the right buttons. You can see how good he communicates.

I remember this article from Powers, he said something like 'LR continues to feel like the perfect coach for this team'.

I agree.
He is the perfect coach for this team.

No line combination is going to make this roster work. The talent just isn't there.

That's not Richardson's fault.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's been six games in a season we're still trying to lose. Reichel looks very uncomfortable at center but if there's a year to give him twenty thirty games to see if he can adjust at this level this is it. I don't love how LuRich loves plugs and plays them up the lineup but he's actually using Entwistle appropriately this year and Donato isn't really playing over anybody he shouldn't be outside of the Perry Dickinson Foligno line and he doesn't want to break up that line because it's slotted appropriately and working.

I'd give Katchouk a bigger look but outside of that the lineup is fine or at the very least understandable. October hockey is weird, people forget that. The powerplay needs to be better. It will be. Some of you need to take a breath.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
There’s no magic combo that will make this team good. There just isn’t that much talent and the talent they have is very young and inexperienced.
Yep. I understand all the excitement about Bedard and the other young players, but people need to accept that we will be drafting high again and that's a good thing. Success this season is the youngsters taking steps forward in their development, not wins.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
It's been six games in a season we're still trying to lose. Reichel looks very uncomfortable at center but if there's a year to give him twenty thirty games to see if he can adjust at this level this is it. I don't love how LuRich loves plugs and plays them up the lineup but he's actually using Entwistle appropriately this year and Donato isn't really playing over anybody he shouldn't be outside of the Perry Dickinson Foligno line and he doesn't want to break up that line because it's slotted appropriately and working.

I'd give Katchouk a bigger look but outside of that the lineup is fine or at the very least understandable. October hockey is weird, people forget that. The powerplay needs to be better. It will be. Some of you need to take a breath.
They need to shoot the puck, its easy to defer to Bedard and teams know that. We could use a heavy shot from the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad