Line Combos: Coaching Options Thread(Updated Lines In OP)Discuss Practice/PP/PK/Captaincy/lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Remember, the cap is going up. I'm not too worried about Stuart's contract becoming an albatross. The reason they signed that extension so quickly was to lock him down to what they considered a reasonable cap number...though I can't imagine why they thought his market value would be in any way higher, if anything it would be lower. If someone was dumb enough to get into some sort of bidding war for BS, then by all means they should go ahead and have him.

Illogical extension aside, not too worried about Stuart's deal. Iginla's on the other hand could be a problem eventually.

I am 100% convinced now that Roy is actively trying to get Briere to waive his NMC. Can't believe he actually still has one...I would've hoped the trade nullified it. Guess not. That contract is definitely causing issues.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What would they do with Briere's contract right now? They'll just suck it up and pay it for the year. I don't think they'd do anything if they had that space right now anyway.

I seriously think Iginla is going to be rental bait in that third year assuming things don't go our way. Its an odd draft year that year so...

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What would they do with Briere's contract right now? They'll just suck it up and pay it for the year. I don't think they'd do anything if they had that space right now anyway.

I seriously think Iginla is going to be rental bait in that third year assuming things don't go our way. Its an odd draft year that year so...

If they have the option I'm sure they'll move it rather than pay a guy $4 million to sit in the press box. I can't imagine Danny wants to spend what could be his last year in the NHL in a suit and tie feeding nachos to an injured Ryan Wilson. I bet they pick up part of the tab and send him to Arizona to let him finish where he started, and maybe pick up a halfway-decent player in return. Danny's just gotta waive that NMC, which I'm just assuming is still in effect even though he waived it to come to Colorado in the first place.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He'll get out of the doghouse as soon as someone is injured. Nobody is going to take on the 4M either. They just have to ride out the string now. At least the temptation isn't there to extend him :laugh:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He'll get out of the doghouse as soon as someone is injured. Nobody is going to take on the 4M either. They just have to ride out the string now. At least the temptation isn't there to extend him :laugh:

I think Phoenixdale might...this is already looking like a lost season for them. Maybe getting Briere back would put some butts in the seats, jumpstart a horrific offense. They wouldn't take ALL that contract, the Avs would have to pick up half probably. But if there's even a chance (cue the Lloyd Christmas meme), better to have $2 million in dead space than $4 million in the press box.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mcginn Duchene Everberg
Tanguay Mackinnon Hishon
Sgarbo Mitchell Carey
Aggo Cliche Mcleod

Hejda EJ
Stuart Barrie
Siemens Redmond

:nod: :help:

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
When you see the way Everberg competes, you have to think other young guys would come up from the AHL and bust their ass. Unfortunately the Avs have way too many contracts in the NHL.

Would love to see what Siemens could bring to the lineup. Also can't wait for Bordeleau's return.

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
My way of trying to fix it would be the following:
Guenin -> Press box
Briere -> Like mentione before. Take 30% salary and try to get him to Arizona. and it if takes 50%. excellent!
Holden -> Doghouse for 3 games.
Landeskog -> Demote to 3rd line
Everberg -> 2nd line with MacK & Tanguay
Siemens/Bigras -> Recall 1 of or even both for a try out
Projected lineup: (In no particular order)
Fwd:
O'reilly - Duchene - Iggy
Tanguay - MacK - Everberg
Landeskog - Mitchell - McGinn
Talbot - Winchester - McLeod

Defense:
Johnson / Bigras (Siemens)
Barrie / Stuart
Redmond / Hejda (Siemens)

Can't get worse then currently and those guys need to be brought into the NHL sooner or later. I'd rather have them sooner get a taste of what the NHL is like.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Made a new thread for this season. We can shut this one down. All updated line in OP of new thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad