OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
PC isn't normally expensive. Steam games are cheap and if you're building a PC yourself, you can get more power than the current gen consoles for the same prices. Things are crazy right now because of crypto-miners who are buying graphics cards and RAM and driving the price way, way, up.

Good to know.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
PC isn't normally expensive. Steam games are cheap and if you're building a PC yourself, you can get more power than the current gen consoles for the same prices. Things are crazy right now because of crypto-miners who are buying graphics cards and RAM and driving the price way, way, up.

I was lucky enough to build my rig right before the prices skyrocketed. Just upgraded recently so I'm rocking an 8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3000MHz. Pre-builts are definitely the way to go right now since the prices of those have stayed pretty stable. To custom build your own comparable PC right now would run about $400-500 more than a pre-built.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's been awhile since I built my rig - had no idea that graphics card and RAM prices skyrocketed. I was thinking of building a new rig this summer as a bit of a project, but I guess I'll pass.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It's been awhile since I built my rig - had no idea that graphics card and RAM prices skyrocketed. I was thinking of building a new rig this summer as a bit of a project, but I guess I'll pass.

Now is definitely not the time. To get a decent GPU it'll run you $800+. Prices have been inflated by about 50%. Got my 1080Ti for $750 and it came with a game. Good luck finding one now for less than $1100.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Reactions: CupsOverCash

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Twitch Prime getting more aggressive with the free games.

Here’s the full Free Games with Prime lineup for March:
  • Superhot
  • Shadow Tactics
  • Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation
  • Oxenfree
  • Mr. Shifty
And be sure to come back in April, because starting on April 1st, our next Free Games with Prime collection will be available:
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Kingsway
  • Tokyo 42
  • Dubwars

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I just went on a bit of a trip with my friends and all I can say is... Never again.

After driving around for a few hours we got a brilliant idea of visiting my friend's summer cottage. We were around 30km away from the city in the middle of f***ing nowhere driving in a road which was just barely wide enough for my car.. Luckily I spotted the downhill with a bit of snow early enough to stop, had I driven even a few meters longer we most likely would've been stuck there. The funniest part would've been that there was no internet connection or anything there in the woods so there wouldn't have been a way to reach anyone... Then I had to reverse for ~500 meters in that f***ing tight road relying only on the instructions my friends were giving since I couldn't see anything. For a second there I thought we weren't going to make it out of there but we made it.

Moral of the story: Never trust Google maps blindly.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
The Island of Kotisaari, Finland

FlzRhyl.jpg

IAXsp8T.jpg

TbVCksa.jpg

1NrocQ2.jpg

Reactions: Hoek

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
While investigating reports of illegal poaching, three student filmmakers encounter a man (Otto Jespersen) who slays trolls for the Norwegian government.

That is the synopsis for Troll Hunters which is just a dandy film. Anyone seen it?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Is PS VR worth it? They just dropped the price by $100 and I'm pretty tempted to buy it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is PS VR worth it? They just dropped the price by $100 and I'm pretty tempted to buy it.
if you don't have VR, maybe. I'd suggest you try it somewhere if you haven't as a lot of people still get motion sickness/headaches from them.

It's also worth noting that for something like Resident Evil VII, it actually results in a visual downgrade when going to PS VR. IMO, there just isn't enough quality software to justify buying VR for $300, but I understand the appeal.

VR reminds me of the Wii, where things stay in the tech demo stage permanently. (Superhot VR and I Expect You to Die seem legit though. RE 7 too of course)

this is for PC, but the co-op VR game 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes' is up in a Humble Bundle. (Mini Metro for a buck is also a great deal) Humble Indie Bundle 19 (pay what you want and help charity)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
VR reminds me of the Wii, where things stay in the tech demo stage permanently. (Superhot VR and I Expect You to Die seem legit though. RE 7 too of course)
That's pretty likely in my opinion too. I first got interested when they put the prequel of Until Dawn only on VR but the reviews of that game don't look too great. Other games I've thought about are Skyrim which would be very cool but I've already spent so much time on that game, and GT Sport.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The team behind the very well received Sonic Mania opening animation have released the first part (of five) of Sonic Mania Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad