Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Outside of the giveaway, there is not really anything to complain about this game.

• Skinner was in the way of everything. Square to shots. Not letting rebounds. Just all around solid.
  • everyone selling out and blocking shots. Sticks in lanes
  • Nuge with the series winning goal, PP finally comes through
  • defensively it was a masterclass. Pucks were getting out when they needed (outside the obvious one) Foegs with that shift with under 2 mins to go was just beautiful. They really shut it down after that scare

It just felt like it was a team that has been there before against a team that hasn't. A game seven road win almost perfectly executed.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
_2a3c8604-3c96-4f18-a4b0-20631961fb5a.jpg

Typical Oilers ending. But fk yah...we eliminated the Flames and Canucks in 3 years! lets go!

KaiserYamamoto

Sep 14, 2009
I was DEAD wrong about Holloway. Dead wrong. I didn't see much from him last year or this year when he was up.

Well, the crow tastes f***ing delicious. He's a stud. What a coming out party for the kid. What a series. He's a f***ing player and I absolutely love to see it.
Thought he could be a cheap internal Foegle replacement next year. Playoffs showing his top 6 potential

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yes, Nurse deserves a huge amount of praise the last 2 games. I made a mention during the game that tonight reminded me of early career and World Juniors Nurse. He was physical, aggressive to the puck carrier and with the puck and cut down on those wasteful passes that he tends to make.

Holloway just looks like a talented guy that's finally getting opportunity. His game is made for a top 6 role, having him on the 4th line and then the 3rd with struggling players was holding him back. I thought he was the Oilers best forward tonight, along with RNH who has been a godsend the last 3-4 games of this series.
He should be in the top 6 full-time next year. Finally, a cheap drafted talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad