Claude Julien - What is the plan with our Roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtl01

Feb 9, 2008
Montreal
Is it time we evaluate our new coach? What are peoples thoughts about sticking with a current line-up? I believe it's time to shake up the roster line-up. 4 games in and it's not working.

He's in a tough situation in that a coach would like to see at least a 10 game sample size before making too many adjustments.

The way they are looking right now, you could slice and dice the lines until the cows come home and it may not make much of a difference. The entire team seems stone cold , no matter who they play with. At this point, the players have to dig deeper and start providing at lease some offense.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Keep Chucky on the wing and preferably the third or fourth line.

Keep pushing Drouin at center.

Habs' have a natural wing playing center and a natural center playing wing. Maybe that redefines insanity. IDK

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's in a tough situation in that a coach would like to see at least a 10 game sample size before making too many adjustments.

The way they are looking right now, you could slice and dice the lines until the cows come home and it may not make much of a difference. The entire team seems stone cold , no matter who they play with. At this point, the players have to dig deeper and start providing at lease some offense.

- I never did like Gallagher on the 1st line. I think we need to have him on the 2nd or even 3rd line and we still get the same production. He's not winning the puck battles like he use to IMO. Lehkonen, Byron, or Galchenyuk are better fits.

- Byron has done nothing to deserve 4th line. Why we started him there is something that don't make sense to me.

- Galchenyuk needs opportunity with someone like Drouin and Patch or Pleky and Lehkonen. Putting Galchenyuk on the 4th line is only going to devalue him and he's not used to his strengths. Play him with talent or don't play him at all IMO.

- Danault should be on a 3rd line checking role, not a 2nd line offensive role. Last year his stats went up because he was getting playing time with Patch and Radulov. If you want Danault to play top 2 lines, play him with Patch.

- Play Shaw as our 4th line center with DLR and Mitchell.

Galchenyuk / Drouin / Lehkonen
Patch / Danault / Gallagher
Hudon / Pleky / Byron
DLR / Shaw / Mitchell

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Keep Chucky on the wing and preferably the third or fourth line.

Keep pushing Drouin at center.

Habs' have a natural wing playing center and a natural center playing wing. Maybe that redefines insanity. IDK

Who is our natural center playing wing?

Galchenyuk? Comon..

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Byron-Plek-Gallagher played really well together at the end of last season, I hope they can find that chemistry again.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You can do whatever you want to your forward lines.

When you employ a defense this bad.. that lacks foot speed, puck skills, creativity, and vision.. you are not going to put your forwards in good position to
A - Create offense in transition
B- Gain the zone efficiently
C- Be put into scoring areas with the puck

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Liked the coaches comments after the loss to the Hawks, I believe he does have a plan.

I followed the Bruins last few games before he was fired last season and they were playing well and I believe he had a lot to do with their turnaround after he was replaced.

He`s limited though by the Habs personnel and their shortcomings.

The team needs some young talent both up front and on the backend in my opinion, not just more players that have failed elsewhere.

And that comes from the draft.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm hoping that he's handcuffed by MB or a sense of trying to stick to the GM's plan/appear aligned...

I was cautiously optimistic that he'd be a massive upgrade on MT. I don't care what style/system a coach deploys, only that he gets the most out of his talent and contributes to the growth/development of his young players.

So far, he doesn't appear to be doing either.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Julien is a great speaker, seems like a good motivator, looks like a nice guy - but he's not the right coach for us. I especially do not like his mishandling of Galchenyuk.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
Julien is a mediocre coach who has much of the analytics community fooled with his high possession system that generates a ton of low quality shots. Better than Therrien, but not by much.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Galchenyuk has mishandled himself. He has become a mediocre player and needs to be sent packing
He hasn't been given a single chance. Being slotted with Danault, Shaw, De La Rose, etc, and always slotted at LW isn't giving the kid a chance. He produced best when placed at center. He was mishandled plain and simple, but do enjoy the return we'll get for him, followed by seeing him break out with his new team.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Millions of us, worldwide. That's an ocean of tears, there.
BKLUhjX.gif

Reactions: groovejuice

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
- I never did like Gallagher on the 1st line. I think we need to have him on the 2nd or even 3rd line and we still get the same production. He's not winning the puck battles like he use to IMO. Lehkonen, Byron, or Galchenyuk are better fits.

- Byron has done nothing to deserve 4th line. Why we started him there is something that don't make sense to me.

- Galchenyuk needs opportunity with someone like Drouin and Patch or Pleky and Lehkonen. Putting Galchenyuk on the 4th line is only going to devalue him and he's not used to his strengths. Play him with talent or don't play him at all IMO.

- Danault should be on a 3rd line checking role, not a 2nd line offensive role. Last year his stats went up because he was getting playing time with Patch and Radulov. If you want Danault to play top 2 lines, play him with Patch.

Hudon / Pleky / Byron
DLR / Shaw / Mitchell

Don’t always agree with you, but I am 100% behind this. I think those are perfect lines. This sadly means they will never happen.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

Hudon / Pleky / Byron
DLR / Shaw / Mitchell

I would switch Chucky with Lekhonen but looks good.:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad