Rumor: Claude Giroux - Thirst Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
:loony: If people think THAT is going to convince him to come to Edmonton. good grief. (can't have two in a row!) its unbelievable how they think that would help even in the slightest! ..may as well cross him off the list now and move on.
Yeah, people stalking his social media profiles before he's even a player here. Seems creepy and warped That would freak me out, and say forget about this. A guy might want a little less obsessive market to play in. Places where people don't even know who you are.

Seems like social media obsession has pretty much ruined Canadian cities as any type of hot free agent markets. That and other factors. But I'm starting to accept that social media fixation is one.

jebus stop stalking players doofuses.

Guys where’s the new rumours thread??
I have no idea either. Probably started by somebody I have on ignore. When that happens you don't see the thread at all. Really there could be 10 threads on first page I don't see, lol. Its dead here right? ;)

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Giroux is one of my favorite players in the league and a big reason why the Flyers are my 2nd team. 923 points in 1018 games. Age scares me a bit at a high cap but I would do 3 years at 4.5-5M.
But he is old now. Yes he gotna great hockeysense and hands, but still. He aint Jagr

Reactions: saucesaitl

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd love to have Giroux.
Gives us so many options.

1 - Put Giroux on Drai's wing.
2 - Put Drai and McDavid together 24/7 and have Giroux center McLoud and Yamamoto.

Connor Brown- McDavid - Drai
McLoud - GIroux - Yamamoto
Holloway-Hopkins-Hyman

That's a very skilled and balanced top 9 imo.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I'd love to have Giroux.
Gives us so many options.

1 - Put Giroux on Drai's wing.
2 - Put Drai and McDavid together 24/7 and have Giroux center McLoud and Yamamoto.

Connor Brown- McDavid - Drai
McLoud - GIroux - Yamamoto
Holloway-Hopkins-Hyman

That's a very skilled and balanced top 9 imo.

Giroux plays wing now and only plays center to take faceoffs as required.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I see Giroux as a bit redundant with RNH here. That said, I am all for it, if they can sign him cheap (assuming he wants to win). He can play on the wing or they can move RNH for a defenseman.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I see Giroux as a bit redundant with RNH here. That said, I am all for it, if they can sign him cheap (assuming he wants to win). He can play on the wing or they can move RNH for a defenseman.
You'd have to find RNH a unicorn to waive his NMC in a fashion that gets an NHL roster player in return.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Giroux I think is what we all hoped nuge would become. Great 2-way forward. Borderline worthy of being a Selke competitor in some of his recent seasons. Wins almost 60% of faceoffs. Way feistier than Nuge. I think he would be a better add than Kane personally.

Shoots right too! Wish nuge would suddenly start shooting right lol.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Giroux plays wing now and only plays center to take faceoffs as required.

Seems required a lot. More faceoffs taken than any other flyer in recent seasons. Haven't watched them closely though. Maybe he always takes the faceoff but actually plays wing afterwards?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
LdYahj3.png

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Seems required a lot. More faceoffs taken than any other flyer in recent seasons. Haven't watched them closely though. Maybe he always takes the faceoff but actually plays wing afterwards?

He's actually played a lot of center in recent years, including most of this past season as a Flyer, but generally has been a winger. He takes so many face-offs because he's really damned good at them.

Reactions: Whyme and oobga

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Not that we aren't thirsty, but this story has died down a bit and in preparation for Free Agency tomorrow, I'd like to try and centralize the party to a singular thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad