• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No one:

Lesnar's heat after about a month of being champion

My dude went from oooh's and ahhh's coming out to this literally overnight. WWE 2002 is a juggernaut

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know it was posted somewhere at some point, but now that our main sports radio has been shutdown and they are pretty much pushing out the other shows on other stations I need to revisit podcasts.

Any recommendations? More so looking for old school stories and behind the scene kind of stuff.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I know it was posted somewhere at some point, but now that our main sports radio has been shutdown and they are pretty much pushing out the other shows on other stations I need to revisit podcasts.

Any recommendations? More so looking for old school stories and behind the scene kind of stuff.

depending on how old you are looking to go Conrad Thompson does a bunch of shows with various guys, "What happened when?" with Tony Schiavone, and "My World", with Jeff Jarrett are usually pretty good

Reactions: joestevens29

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
depending on how old you are looking to go Conrad Thompson does a bunch of shows with various guys, "What happened when?" with Tony Schiavone, and "My World", with Jeff Jarrett are usually pretty good

You forgot Jim Cornette(he has 2 of them) :P

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

True, but Corny talks a lot about current wrestling, so I didn't know if it would meet the criteria, granted a lot of it is talking about how the current stuff sucks compared to the old days
I liked Cornette's show(s) better when it only rarely referenced the current stuff. Old episodes of the Drive Thru, the better of his two shows in my opinion, are pretty much full of old stories from Cornette's NWA days into his time in WWF and Smokey Mountain. Old episodes of the Jim Cornette Experience as well, but beware the episodes before Brian Last.

Bruce Prichard is fine too as long as you accept the angle he's coming from. I find it hard to take a lot of Conrad though. Bischoff's show is impossible for me to listen to and I couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone.

I'll add that even if someone hates Cornette or gets pissy about him shitting on AEW there is no doubt that he is a very credible wrestling historian. He can reach way back into the territory days, even before he was actually involved in wrestling, and paint a clear and interesting picture of the people involved.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I liked Cornette's show(s) better when it only rarely referenced the current stuff. Old episode of the Drive Thru, the better of his two shows in my opinion, are pretty much full of old stories from Cornette's NWA days into his time in WWF and Smokey Mountain. Old episodes of the Jim Cornette Experience as well, but beware the episodes before Brian Last.

Bruce Prichard is fine too as long as you accept the angle he's coming from. I find it hard to take a lot of Conrad though. Bischoff's show is impossible for me to listen to and I couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone.
I'm gonna have to check out Jarrett's stuff. Honestly I was never really a fan of the guy, but I also wasn't a fan of Cornette and Prichard. Now I kinda don't mind those guys. Maybe his podcasts will change my mind.

Side note how did Conrad Thompson bag such a hottie?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm gonna have to check out Jarrett's stuff. Honestly I was never really a fan of the guy, but I also wasn't a fan of Cornette and Prichard. Now I kinda don't mind those guys. Maybe his podcasts will change my mind.

I hated Jarrett back in the day, not so much hated him as a heel, he just did nothing at all for me, and actually enjoy his show quite a bit, he has some good stories, and has pretty much done it all in the wrestling business throughout his career

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I hated Jarrett back in the day, not so much hated him as a heel, he just did nothing at all for me, and actually enjoy his show quite a bit, he has some good stories, and has pretty much done it all in the wrestling business throughout his career
I too wasn't a fan of him in ring and such, seemed to get pushed because of his name.

With that being said I've listening to many people in all sorts of different sports that didn't do it for me in their sport, but their story telling was something else. I guess it's like a coach/general manager, don't need a superstar in the game to be a good sports mind.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Kevin Nash's podcast with Sean Oliver (the guy from Kayfabe Commentaries) is pretty good. Its called Kliq This. They stick mostly to old stuff and comment on current events (wrestling and non wrestling)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No Saturday Night's Main Event on Peacock? Scandalous!

SNME might have been the greatest wrestling show I remember watching. When you are basically used to watching wrestling stars face A. J. Petrucci and Mario Mancini every week, watching 2 stars face each other felt like the greatest thing on earth. And I was somebody who lived in a city(Thunder Bay) the WWF basically didn't come and visit till 1992 so it wasn't like I could see that at live events.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Amazing. All I found previously was the rebooted program from 2010's. The music is butchered. Vince should open up the purse to get the original music.

Technically not his problem anymore since he sold the library to NBC, but yeah the fact they don't use original songs many times runs the enjoyment a bit of some matches. I always get a chuckle out of the hillbilly jim music they use. It's like didn't he record his theme song for the WWF wrestling album and they can't even use that? Instead we get this weird bango music

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Was Bischoff booking Raw when he first got there? I'm serious. This feels like Nitro stuff I've seen before

Thank God Ric Flair is such a legend that he can make the nonsensical move of aligning with HHH make sense

"Hot lesbian action" was a plotline for weeks. What are we all 14 and want to see women kiss THAT BADLY or something?

Not one but 2 concerts

Big Show still has no direction

Booker T needs a match against HHH for the world title like yesterday. He is probably the biggest babyface on Raw right now

Oh well. I hope HurriKane can keep the tag titles for a bit at least. It's a combo that makes no sense but the memes are just too good for me to pass up

Orton looks good man. He's raw but good. I'm hopeful we can see the beginning of Evolution soon -but perhaps I'm way too early in this. I just want to see him and Batista get better

Raw is still very good. I just don't know what the end game is in a lot of it. It seems like they're legitimately just killing time

And Smackdown is just flawless.

Lol that Lesnar is going to begin the tweener process in like 2 weeks and have the most violent, destructive cosmos-shaking babyface turn we've ever seen but right now the dude is heeling it up harder than HHH

Edge vs Eddie for the WWE title is the match we never got that we deserved the most. These guys are dynamite. Eddie left with a standing ovation after their last 5 star bout.

Benoit and Angle could fight 100 times and I don't think I could get tired of it. It hurts thinking about what Benoit did. But I am brought comfort knowing he will be judged for what he did in the next life. That between mercy or justice the right call will be made no matter what way it goes.

Push Rey to the moon

I thought Smackdown would have its own tag titles by now and the US title. Oh well I guess

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Piper just ripped Gowen’s leg off where I’m at lol

Captain America Hogan is way too tan I have no idea how he’s still alive

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Finishing up the year of WWF 1998 with the final Raw

It's easy to see why WWE overtook and buried WCW, as much crazy shit as they were doing, Raw had some great young talent, and most if not all guys were in some sort of storyline that actually kept you invested from the lower midcard guys up to the Austin/Undertaker's of the world

Not every one was my cup of tea, but there was a lot more good than bad

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Finishing up the year of WWF 1998 with the final Raw

It's easy to see why WWE overtook and buried WCW, as much crazy shit as they were doing, Raw had some great young talent, and most if not all guys were in some sort of storyline that actually kept you invested from the lower midcard guys up to the Austin/Undertaker's of the world

Not every one was my cup of tea, but there was a lot more good than bad

I still think story-arch from Survivor Series 1998 until WM 15 is the best storytelling WWE has ever done, and maybe their best 4-5 months stretch in their entire history.

Toothless Legend

Oct 15, 2021
Wheat Ridge, CO
With a newborn killing a few active hobbies around the TL household, I've got some extra free time for TV, so I'm doing a rewatch of the Mega Powers storyline. Really looking forward to some hidden gems out of the mouth of Savage. On the first SNME, he pinpoints exactly where the danger zone is: "East of the pacific, west of London, south of Mars, and north of hell." f'yeah! :bow:

I also never realized King Kong Bundy shaved his eyebrows. No wonder he creeped me out so much as a kid. Another thing I never picked up on was Jimmy Hart going by the "Colonel" moniker during Honky's IC title run to parallel Colonel Tom Parker. Thank god the recent Elvis movie solved this mystery for me.

Starting up SS 87. Prior to the initial match, during Savage's team's promo, Duggan appears to accidentally pop Brutus Beefcake in the face, while the latter is trying to ensure he's in the shot by stretching his head above Savage. He's like that one guy in a group photo who's just slightly taller than the person in front of them, but not enough to see their entire head. I'm sure some dopamine enhancing powdery substances were shared prior with that group.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also I'm a few weeks out from No Mercy 2002.

I had heard of the Raw Roulette episode and it didn't disappoint. That TLC match was probably the best Raw match I've ever seen. Top 5 at least

I guess Jazz just came and went eh. Oh well Victoria can perhaps be my new goddess

I can't watch Trish anymore. King has ruined her for me. I either skip it or mute it. He's insufferable

We got a Batista promo video and he's exercising BAYBAY! I can't wait to see what he does

Oh God... Haitch just name dropped Katie Vick. I've only ever heard of this one and any times I hear it mentioned it's said that apparently this is like the lowest point in WWE story writing you're gonna find

Please keep pushing Kane. I know he's not taking the strap from Haitch. But him being double champion is well earned. I hope he keeps the IC title for a while because I know Christian, Jericho and RVD are going to have a death grip on it until probably 2005. Please let me enjoy what is clearly the high water mark of Kane's career with him having some gold

Oh God Al Wilson. I remember this. With all due respect he can't have that heart attack soon enough. I remember cringing at Dawn Marie's storyline with him even 21 years ago

Oh my God this is it. I've heard Benoit and Angle had to team up at some point and this must be it. I'm expecting them to be the inaugural WWE tag champs

Whatever underlying psychopathic tendencies I have must be unlocked by watching Brock murder people or something. God I'm like a dog wagging his tail about to eat a milk bone thinking about that cell match. Every match is total carnage and I love it

Edge keeps having GOAT Smackdown matches every time he's in the ring. One with Eddie a week or two ago and another with Kurt. Why in God's name is he only a midcarder? He could go over Lesnar and it would be believable. That's how consistently great Adam Copeland has been since the brand split

I think I figured out why Smackdown beat Raw in ratings. When the show starts Stephanie comes on like a BOSS saying "Welcome to Smackdown" with authority and more genuine sex appeal than any bikini contest. She tells you what bomb ass matches they're having that night and they have Mysterio commercials for when he's coming on.

Long live 2002

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m in 2003 Smackdown and I really forgot how much they had Mr. America/Vince dominate the program for a couple months there. It’s so dumb I think I like it? I definitely like Piper/O’Haire, rip to both of those men

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad