GDT: CLASH OF CHAMPIONS (September 25, 2016) -- Can Raw out-do Backlash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really liked the PPV, but my only one complaint is that everything was booked like ****. I just feel like if the booking was better tonight, it could have been REALLY good. The booking just stalled things more and i'm not going to tune into Raw. Everything stays completely the same.

Wrestling was very solid. Definitely worth 3 hours of time. But it didn't give me a reason to tune in.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like the crowd was waiting for that finish and didn't want to get into it.

This feud must continue!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
inb4 WWE pulls the ol' switcheroo. HIAC main event is Charlotte and Banks in a HIAC hehe

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I think RAW needs to bring up Joe and maybe Nakamura. Shorten the first hour of matches a little bit and they'd be gold. I love these longer matches but the problem is they burnt out the crowd. I think the first hour, just take five minutes off each match and you're gold.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It was a consistent show in the sense that every match was good. The problem was that nothing was great and WWE booked the show like an episode of raw.

7/10.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Pretty much all of the matches unfolded the way they should have, just all of them had the wrong result besides Perkins and Charlotte.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
rollins has come so far. he's now the face in that exact same situation. awesome work, great job WWE!

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
God forbid two wrestlers just wrestle without some bs injured ref or interference. Only tuned in about 1 minute before the DX chop and just shook my head the whole way through. Garbage booking

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In 2016, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler had a better match than Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens.

RATINGZZ

Jax/Fox: *1/2
New Day/Club: **3/4
Perkins/Kendrick: ***1/4
Cesaro/Sheamus: **** (would have been ****1/2 with a proper finish)
Jericho/Zayn: ***
Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte: ***
Reigns/Rusev: ***1/4
Rollins/Owens: **3/4

Solid, but nothing great aside from one match either whereas Smackdown had two ****+ matches on Backlash.

Rollins/Owens wasn't even a bad match, it's just two supremely talented workers putting on an extremely underwhelming match bogged down with overbooking which I KNEW was going to ****ing happen but not destroy the match quality or potential match quality so bad. They never even kicked it into the next gear. It was like a super, long-form match with a slow build to an amazing climatic ending that never happened.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The people who were rooting for Seth before still are.

Those who weren't don't know why they're supposed to. This is the 4th PPV in a row Seth's been fighting for a title, and each time he's left without it. In all likelihood, there will be a 5th. Casual fans don't get why they're supposed to root for someone who has been handed so many opportunities.

Huge opportunity missed when he should've just been left as a face upon his return. We all knew that then, but it's made clear now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is shocking they can put on a PPV with so little in the way of payoffs and think they can get away with it.

Makes even less sense when they have to know tomorrow night's RAW is going to have a really small audience.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is shocking they can put on a PPV with so little in the way of payoffs and think they can get away with it.

Makes even less sense when they have to know tomorrow night's RAW is going to have a really small audience.

As a consumer, why would anyone tune in tomorrow? Nothing has changed. Everything is just like last weeks and it will start building to the next PPV which is like 3-4 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad