Confirmed with Link: Claesson told to get an apartment in Ottawa

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
We're about to hit the hardest part of the season so it makes sense to have an extra defenceman around for inevitable maintenance days.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I suspect a few including Karlsson are playing with minor lingering injuries and the team wants to play it safe and run with 7 in the event a guy can't dress a particular night (or gets injured/aggravates and is out longer term).

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
don't think they would tell a guy to expect to stay in the city for 40+ games just for maintenance or as an extra body. Something is brewing.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Now that Claesson is healthy, it gives Boucher some roster flexibility. There are nights when we can send Boro, Neil, or perhaps Kelly or Lazar to the press box. This club is painfully thin on the fourth line and in our sixth D spot, so having another guy here who can actually keep up in this league on a nightly basis is helpful.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Maybe this is an early domino in a big exciting trade, but more likely it is just the Sens 7th best defender being told he'll be kept for the rest of the year.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Most likely: team wants a steady #7 that will also be here next season
Hopefully+Additionally: Boro is gone.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why does no one like Boro? The guy hits hard, blocks shots, plays his heart out and he's even improved his first pads. What more do people want?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Why does no one like Boro? The guy hits hard, blocks shots, plays his heart out and he's even improved his first pads. What more do people want?

NHL level passing. NHL level IQ. Better skating. Much better on the PK. Less taking himself out of position to make a meaningless hit. Less penalties.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
NHL level passing. NHL level IQ. Better skating. Much better on the PK. Less taking himself out of position to make a meaningless hit. Less penalties.

I feel like he's all of that - or at least good enough to be a #5/6 dman without question.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I feel like he's all of that - or at least good enough to be a #5/6 dman without question.

Boro appears as super tough and always brings 110%. Despite all that, he's extremely easy to play against. He's the dman every team wants to play against on our team.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

He doesn't play the pk that often. He makes a better pass than Dion. He ends up out of position only when he's chasing players like Crosby around. His NHL IQ is quite good for a player of his skill set. I don't have his penalty numbers on hand but sure he should take less.

It's funny reading this because I'm sure the taking himself out of position was from the game against the Penguins when he got caught chasing Crosby and I'm sure your take less penalties comment comes from the one incident in LA.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He doesn't play the pk that often. He makes a better pass than Dion. He ends up out of position only when he's chasing players like Crosby around. His NHL IQ is quite good for a player of his skill set. I don't have his penalty numbers on hand but sure he should take less.

It's funny reading this because I'm sure the taking himself out of position was from the game against the Penguins when he got caught chasing Crosby and I'm sure your take less penalties comment comes from the one incident in LA.

It wasn't one game. Its every game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
An apartment and not a house. I believe they told Dzingle and or at least another prospect to buy a house. Maybe stone or hoffman

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It wasn't one game. Its every game.

Not sure it's every game, but pretty close to it. He's actually surpassed my expectations this year though. I thought he was going to be a disaster. He's only been a disaster half a dozen times.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Hes simply not good.

He goes for hits and gets way out position often. Penalty collector. Can't make a pass. Low hockey IQ. Poor skater. Overrated in fights.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Hes simply not good.

He goes for hits and gets way out position often. Penalty collector. Can't make a pass. Low hockey IQ. Poor skater. Overrated in fights.

Sounds like Phaneuf and no one complains as much about him as they do Boro.
I appreciate Boro on this team, he's one of the few guys who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad