Recalled/Assigned: CJ Smith Recalled 12/31 (Assigned to Amerks 1/11)

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
A few SOG coming off the LW, two PK rotations, and no memorable brainfarts or looking out of place moments that I recall.
I just watched the condensed game, but thought he had a chance to tie the game late in the 3rd. There were a couple of highlights where he was in very good scoring position.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Scored a goal, getting chances. Does he stick this time? All star break is coming up, so the tendency will be for Botterill to send the recalls back to the AHL.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Scored a goal, getting chances. Does he stick this time? All star break is coming up, so the tendency will be for Botterill to send the recalls back to the AHL.
I think he stays. Botts had mentioned we'd see some Roch guys implemented into the roster to help boost the secondary scoring, and CJ can do that while playing a pretty safe pro-level game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Not sure what "this time" means in the context of his first actual recall. He hasn't been up from the farm before, he's only ever played as a way to burn a year of his ELC when they signed him coming out of college.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
In related news....C.J. and his lady aren't going to get much sleep with newborn twins in the house

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I know its a minor move but Im still tilted....is botts really that confident we can scrape into the playoffs with anchors on 3 lines?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was gonna happen sooner or later just because there isn't enough space for him. This is fine. Give him a taste of the big show and what it feels like to score and make him work harder to get back there.

He was good enough that working harder really isn’t necessary. Tell him to keep doing what he was doing and work to clear the chaff.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
good I hope traffic on 90 is clear since I'll be at the amerks game tonight...

Sadly he won't be there, he's with the team in Carolina. They brought him along just in case Eichel wasn't ready to go.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Don't like this one bit. I thought he earned some more games with his play.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
It was gonna happen sooner or later just because there isn't enough space for him. This is fine. Give him a taste of the big show and what it feels like to score and make him work harder to get back there.
It was a tough audition in terms of length and opportunity..He finally looked more comfortable right before he got sent down.. Hopefully AN, VO and Bailey get similar chances and the experts see something on film to leave two up that surpass what we have... At least it will light a fire under anyone too comfortable.. I like Mitts but without messing with his head he needs to see three games from up in the booth , maybe give him some perspective, if that doesnt happen after the break..

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The upside to this recall is seeing they have a workmanlike forward who showed well in limited minutes. It has to put some vertical pressure on the lineup (and judging by Pominville's sudden burst of life could be a thing) and gives Botterill some confidence if he decides to shed some of the usual suspects.

Reactions: k8prisoner

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The upside to this recall is seeing they have a workmanlike forward who showed well in limited minutes. It has to put some vertical pressure on the lineup (and judging by Pominville's sudden burst of life could be a thing) and gives Botterill some confidence if he decides to shed some of the usual suspects.
Its shocking he is still 4th among or forwards in points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad