CIS going pro - 2014/15

Bob Stauffer

Aug 4, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Alberta-TJ Foster to go pro

Sources say that Golden Bears forward TJ Foster who was Canada West MVP and just completed his second year at Alberta will be leaving the program after winning back-to-back National Championships to play in the American Hockey League next season for the Toronto Marlies.
My understanding is that Foster will NOT join the Marlies for the end of this season, so the announcement might not come for a few weeks.
Foster had 75 and 74 point seasons with Edmonton in the WHL in 2010-11, and 2011-12 and took a significant step forward this season in his all-around game in the CIS.
Trust me when I say this, Foster's departure, though as loss in terms of a high caliber of player will help Ian Herbers on the recruiting front.

Stauffer

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
Sources say that Golden Bears forward TJ Foster who was Canada West MVP and just completed his second year at Alberta will be leaving the program after winning back-to-back National Championships to play in the American Hockey League next season for the Toronto Marlies.
My understanding is that Foster will NOT join the Marlies for the end of this season, so the announcement might not come for a few weeks.
Foster had 75 and 74 point seasons with Edmonton in the WHL in 2010-11, and 2011-12 and took a significant step forward this season in his all-around game in the CIS.
Trust me when I say this, Foster's departure, though as loss in terms of a high caliber of player will help Ian Herbers on the recruiting front.

Stauffer

Interesting Bob, tell me how would this "help" his recruitment? Players see a center position for the taking?

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Interesting Bob, tell me how would this "help" his recruitment? Players see a center position for the taking?

Bob can answer this as well, of course, but top-notch players are often attracted to programs where they see a pro future. Herbers can now say "if you have success here, you'll be noticed at the next level." And, as you said, he can promise top-6 minutes too.

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
Bob can answer this as well, of course, but top-notch players are often attracted to programs where they see a pro future. Herbers can now say "if you have success here, you'll be noticed at the next level." And, as you said, he can promise top-6 minutes too.

Makes sense. Perfect.

Bearpaw

Mar 21, 2014
Confirmed today that TJ Foster is joining the Toronto Marlies next season after signing a 2 year AHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad