Trade: [CIN/NYM] Matt Harvey for Devin Mesoraco

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Have to like this from the Mets perspective. They were going to eat all of Harvey's salary if he was released and now they got a catcher which they desperately need for someone they were losing anyway. Sounds like the Reds are paying all of Mesoraco's salary and the same with the Mets and Harvey so the Mets aren't taking on any salary.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Have to like this from the Mets perspective. They were going to eat all of Harvey's salary if he was released and now they got a catcher which they desperately need for someone they were losing anyway. Sounds like the Reds are paying all of Mesoraco's salary and the same with the Mets and Harvey so the Mets aren't taking on any salary.

the reds are paying the difference of the contracts. the reds pay for harvey contract. the mets are responsible for 5.6 mil of mesoraco contract. reds pay the remaining 7.5 mil

so i think i just said what you already said lol

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The Mets catchers were basically automatic outs. Mesoraco can't be any worse.

hes basically the same.

23 games in 2015, batted .178
16 games in 2016, batted .140
56 games in 2017, batted .213
18 games in 2018, batted .220

but tbh anyone who was silly to have jose lobaton and his non existant bat as their 3rd catcher deserves an eyebrow raise. it was a nightmare for years on the nats. not sure what mets saw

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Saw a crazy stat from a Reds reporter that Mesoraco has now lost 21 games in a row as a starting catcher.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Looks like a win-win trade so far.

I’m pretty sure Harvey returns to normalcy soon. I haven’t seen any of his starts since but I’ve been told his stuff doesn’t look very good and he’s been lucky more than anything else with guys hitting balls directly at fielders. I expect Cincinnati will try to move him at the deadline assuming he doesn’t just implode before then. I could see Milwaukee, NYY, LAA having interest.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I’m pretty sure Harvey returns to normalcy soon. I haven’t seen any of his starts since but I’ve been told his stuff doesn’t look very good and he’s been lucky more than anything else with guys hitting balls directly at fielders. I expect Cincinnati will try to move him at the deadline assuming he doesn’t just implode before then. I could see Milwaukee, NYY, LAA having interest.
If you don't believe it then why do you think teams will?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad