Injury Report: Chychrun out Indefinitely After Knee Surgery

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hopefully indefinitely is weeks not months.

This just further cements the need to add another top 4 D.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It seems the more the player's train the more frequent injuries occur?? They barely ever rest anymore and are so single sports focussed that it wears the body down to the point of injury.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Sounds like it might be until November or so if that's when they'll provide an update.

OEL - Hjalms
Goligoski - Schenn
Connauton - Clandening

Scratch Competition: Dineen, Capobianco, Hanley, Smereck, Campbell, and Mermis

I'd guess Campbell, Mermis, or Hanley will get the #7 while Chych recovers, but Dineen and Cap may compete with Connauton to start out the season as well.

Or, we could bring up Wood and have him duke it out with Clandening

Of course, I now think we may need two D-men if Chychrun's out past November

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sounds like it might be until November or so if that's when they'll provide an update.

OEL - Hjalms
Goligoski - Schenn
Connauton - Clandening

Scratch Competition: Dineen, Capobianco, Hanley, Smereck, Campbell, and Mermis

I'd guess Campbell, Mermis, or Hanley will get the #7 while Chych recovers, but Dineen and Cap may compete with Connauton to start out the season as well.

Or, we could bring up Wood and have him duke it out with Clandening

Of course, I now think we may need two D-men if Chychrun's out past November

Connauton and Clendening shouldn't be regulars if Coyotes really want to win. They wouldn't be elsewhere.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Connauton and Clendening shouldn't be regulars if Coyotes really want to win. They wouldn't be elsewhere.

while I agree on Connauton, we need to give Clandening a chance (he might surprise us). Of course, I'm not too fond of chances when it comes to the regular roster. As mentioned, we need a solid RHD (preferably a #2) and now a band-aid LHD (#3)

OEL - Hjalms
Goligoski - NEW
NEW - Schenn

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
while I agree on Connauton, we need to give Clandening a chance (he might surprise us). Of course, I'm not too fond of chances when it comes to the regular roster. As mentioned, we need a solid RHD (preferably a #2) and now a band-aid LHD (#3)

OEL - Hjalms
Goligoski - NEW
NEW - Schenn

With or without Chychrun...the Coyotes need a puckmoving RD. Clendening is rubbish but he could get his chance with Chychrun out. Just move Hjalmarsson to the left and there's his spot.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Didn't Chychrun post a video of his rediculously dangerous box jump training this summer? I'm gonna go ahead and assume he had a fall in the gym.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
If we want a replacement LD, maybe we look at Vegas.

You rang???? :)

But seriously, I hope you don't mind me chiming in - there's a thread on the main board, but I don't know how much traction it's going to get, so I really wanted to hear directly from the Coyotes fans.

If you're really interested in trading for an LHD, I think Luca Sbisa would be a good fit, and probably only cost a 3rd or 4th rounder. You don't need anyone with a contract beyond this year, so the question just becomes: Do you trade for a guy like Sbisa, sign one of the UFA's still out there, or just call up Campbell or one of your prospects?

I'm fully convinced that the Coyotes are going to be in the Wild Card hunt this entire season, so which stopgap replacement for Chychrun gives you the best chances of making the playoffs?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sbisa's owed way too much money to bring in as a replacement level player.

Kevin Connauton is more than capable of filling in for the short term, but if we can get a decent, affordable upgrade at LD, I think it makes sense.

Right now, our LD without Chychrun would be OEL, Goligoski, Connauton.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm going to go outside and scream Arise Chychrun for the next few hours, see if that helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad