OT: Christmas - Your Loot

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
0lf8RCa.jpg

Jared Cowen and his girlfriend are family friends, so they hooked me and my Dad up with seats for tomorrow night. Definitely my favourite present this year. :) Sorry for the large image!

Fantastic!

And it is equally fantastic to see him play so well lately.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Meh, I've found that it makes our holidays a lot more pleasant and relaxing, and we still do nice things for one another.

Our family is the same way. There will be a few little things just to have something under the tree, but we don't focus on holidays. We're more focused on doing things throughout the year...if you see one person needs something or you see something useful in the store, we'd just pick it up and give the item whenever.

Our main focus during the Xmas season is to pick up some fruitcake and those sweet little clementines, maybe those butter cookies in the blue tin when the stores have them. Little seasonal treats.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
The "over 30" faction is frighteningly small compared to the "under-30"s.

The HF (at least HF Sens) community is still much older than people think. Most people that comment on it seem to imply that they think most users are in junior high or high school. I think most are in the 18-25 range

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I always get hockey books for Christmas. This year I got Bobby Mac's, Howard Baldwin's (after hearing the interview on MvsW), and Larry Robinson's.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Bought myself some Audio Technica ATM-50's for Christmas.

My kids got a crap ton of stuff though. Guess that is how things change once you get older.

True! Kids have moved out, so Santa doesn't visit anymore. Send the kids cash now as their needs have changed and don't want to buy useless things for them. Just 2 old foggies left! :)

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Ooh, I bought those for myself a few months ago. As both a Star Wars fan and a Shakespeare fan, I can say without hesitation that they are AMAZING.

Today on our way down to Corning we stopped at the Dewitt mall in Ithaca. There's a bookstore in there with a bunch of vintage stuff...A Midsummer Night's Dream was in the display window for $125. Real old print and looked very authentic, but I didn't check the copyright so not sure how old it was.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
- A book: The Architecture of Happiness by Aain de Botton (from my girlfriend, who 1: made me watch 500 Days of Summer and 2: knows I've already read six of his books)
Sweet. :) I'm a big fan of Alain de Botton... He's got the rare combination of being able to think with the best of them yet also communicate his ideals in simple terms that those not initiated in philosophy can easily understand. He's a pleasure to read and listen to in a field in which writing tends to be unnecessarily verbose and convoluted.

As for me, lump me in with the people who decided to avoid the consumerism of Christmas. I went for a nice walk alone (so few people out on Christmas...), cleaned the bathroom, and read (For Whom the Bell Tolls - just getting into Hemingway. Bought from a second hand store, of course). Wonderful day.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It sounds like perhaps I will have a new stream in 2015 as my best gift

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I remember one of my Christmases as a kid many years ago. I got a pair of hockey pants. They were veeeery big. I could fit both of my legs through one leg hole snd still skate! :). We took them back!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sweet. Maui is much nicer than Oahu (Honolulu), where I went, not that I'm complaining. :)

Great place for a honeymoon. pre-congrats! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad