Prospect Info: Christian Thomas (Sent Down 12-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Christian Thomas

With De La Rose, Andrighetto, Scherbak sooner than later, and now Sekac, where do you see Thomas landing as far as the call-up rank?

Do you guys think he'll make the big show one day or is he just AHL fodder at this point?

Was last year a fluke considering he was injured for a good part of it?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Lets give him time its not like Kristo is tearing everything apart and he is 2 years older but he did have 25 goals. If he has a good season in Hamilton he might be first when we need a call up

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
27 points for the Dogs last season. Even Dumont had more.

AHL guy.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
simply no place for him. Could get called up because of injuries but I can see him getting packaged at some point at the trade deadline.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
27 points for the Dogs last season. Even Dumont had more.

AHL guy.

Thomas
27 in 55 = 0.49 ppg
11 in 55 0.2 gpg

Dumont
36 in 74 0.486 ppg
19/74 0.256 gpg

Dumont is 1 1/2 year older though.

Next year will be key for Thomas.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
kristo is just as bad but older and bigger.

If I was going to move Kristo.. I would've gladly just taken a mid-range pick rather than Christian Thomas. At best, it ends up being a Timmins steal.. at worst, it becomes Christian Thomas.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
kristo is just as bad but older and bigger.

He led his AHL team in goals and was 3 points from being the leading scorer. I can understand people saying Kristo is one-dimensional and not likely to make NHL but what has Thomas shown to be even considered to be as good? As WTK said, 5th/6th rounder would likely be a better return since it at least has potential to be used to draft something useful. Thomas seems like a waste of contract spot at this point. I'd prefer using that contract spot and AHL top line icetime on a Palushaj so he'd at least help the real prospects win.

He might be younger but it's not like he has a history of steady progression for that to mean anything. His final OHL year was worse than it was when he was younger. His 2nd AHL year was worse than his rookie one.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He led his AHL team in goals and was 3 points from being the leading scorer. I can understand people saying Kristo is one-dimensional and not likely to make NHL but what has Thomas shown to be even considered to be as good.

He might be younger but it's not like he has a history of steady progression for that to mean anything. His final OHL year was worse than it was when he was younger. His 2nd AHL year was worse than his rookie one.

Exactly, kid seems to be a good scorer. 25 goals on a not so so offensive team is actually good and can translae to 30 on a good AHL team or more. Kid has skills but keep in mind he is 2 years older then Thomas

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Thomas
27 in 55 = 0.49 ppg
11 in 55 0.2 gpg

Dumont
36 in 74 0.486 ppg
19/74 0.256 gpg

Dumont is 1 1/2 year older though.

Next year will be key for Thomas.

That's kind of my point. Dumont will not make it to the NHL. Neither will Thomas.

Not to bring up size again but what is the use of an undersized player if they are not above average when it comes to scoring?

One of Bergevin's worst trades, IMO.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Looks terrible. I didnt know that Kristo was doing so well.

Ayoye.

Last edited:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Looks terrible. I didnt know that Kristo was doing so well.

Ayoye.

Kristo's not doing well. He had good stats this year but that's because he's a 24 year-old in the AHL. He's a bust.

Neither Kristo or Thomas will do anything in the NHL, lose-lose trade.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
neither are those players bust, some players only the enter the NHL at 28. But it does appear that Kristo has more upside than Thomas.

habitue*

Someone has to wake up and start improving this Bulldogs team or every prospect there will turn out bad.

Subban, Gallagher, Tokarski, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, DD, Plekanec, and sooner rather than later add to this guys like Patteryn, Andrighetto, and you have a good production out of the farm team.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Subban, Gallagher, Tokarski, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, DD, Plekanec, and sooner rather than later add to this guys like Patteryn, Andrighetto, and you have a good production out of the farm team.
Those guys are completely irrelevant from the topic.

habitue*

Those guys are completely irrelevant from the topic.

I was answering about Hamilton not producing prospects and ruining players' careers. Hamilton is probably producing as many as others. They don't win because they don't have as many quality AHL vets than the others. Otherwise they are doing what they are supposed to do: develop young players. The ones that are failing would had failed with any other organisations, anyway.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I was answering about Hamilton not producing prospects and ruining players' careers. Hamilton is probably producing as many as others. They don't win because they don't have as many quality AHL vets than the others. Otherwise they are doing what they are supposed to do: develop young players. The ones that are failing would had failed with any other organisations, anyway.
The guy was talking about the current crop of prospects and how bad the Bulldogs have been since 2011. I don't disagree that adding solid vets wouldn't hurt them but bringing up guys who barely played in the AHL (like Gallagher) or guys who haven't played in the A in years is irrelevant. As for your last point, I disagree. Fringe guys like Aaron Palushaj and Frederic St-Denis, sure but the fact that even Martin St. Pierre who's almost a PPG in his AHL career says a lot about Lefebvre's ability to coach offensive players.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Thomas appears to be destined for anything but the NHL. Simply not a very good player

habitue*

The guy was talking about the current crop of prospects and how bad the Bulldogs have been since 2011. I don't disagree that adding solid vets wouldn't hurt them but bringing up guys who barely played in the AHL (like Gallagher) or guys who haven't played in the A in years is irrelevant. As for your last point, I disagree. Fringe guys like Aaron Palushaj and Frederic St-Denis, sure but the fact that even Martin St. Pierre who's almost a PPG in his AHL career says a lot about Lefebvre's ability to coach offensive players.

Look at the supporting cast.

Lefebvre is not alone behind the bench. There is a guy names Stephan Lebeau who burned the AHL back then and was a good point producer for a couple of seasons in Montreal, even helping to win our last Cup. The guy know a couple of things about offensive.

habitue*

Thomas appears to be destined for anything but the NHL. Simply not a very good player

We all agree that Bergevin should had got a draft pick or a bigger player for Kristo who did not want to play in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad