Confirmed with Link: Christian Jaros signs ELC

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Great news.

I think he's a candidate to beat out Wideman for a spot on the roster by the midpoint of the season.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Seems pretty clear they're prepping to lose a dman this off-season, be it expansion draft or trade. Thinking Wideman and/or Ceci.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
On the radio they were saying that this guy's work ethic is off the charts and that coaches this year have had to tell him to dial it back a bit in practice.

That made me happy. Guys who work their tails off always impress me.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On the radio they were saying that this guy's work ethic is off the charts and that coaches this year have had to tell him to dial it back a bit in practice.

That made me happy. Guys who work their tails off always impress me.

He might just be the glue guy that makes Boro's glue expendable...

Seriously though, guys with that kind of work ethic can be infectious. If Jaros has Boro's work ethic but more skill, that's a huge win for us.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Good to hear!

A few questions for you guys...

Will he play in Belleville next year?

Do you see top 4 upside in him?

How far away is he from cracking the sens' roster?

Are you higher on him or Englund at this point in time?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Good to hear!

Yes

Bit early to tell for me.

At least 2 years

Not yet

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Good to hear!

I'll comment, but this is based off very limited viewings and hear say from those that watch him regularly.

He to me seems like he has the makings of a top 4 D in the "does everything, but not spectacular in any respect". Huge. Good skater. Great defensively and has the ability to move the puck and produce with his shot.

This is the "vibe" I get from him personally, though has I said its not exactly based on my evaluations.

If he's in Belleville (don't think he's eligible) you can be sure he gets games as the first call up. That is likely a "promise" from Dorian to his camp for coming over.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good to hear!

I'll give you my opinion from the few times I have seen him at development but a few here will probably disagree.

Yes, IMO he will play in Bellville next season even though at this point in time Ottawa only has 4 right shot defencemen in the organization & three of them already play in Ottawa.

It's possible he has top 4 potential but I would put him behind Karlsson & Ceci & maybe someday ahead of Wideman who I think LV takes in the expansion draft on the right side. Not sure where he ranks overall against all of the defencemen in the organization but I would think somewhere behind a couple of the guys who played in Bingo last yr. I would rank them behind the defencemen in Ottawa & in this order at this time, Harpur, Chabot, Englund, Jaros & Lajoie.

No, IMO I think both Englund & Jaros would make a terrific 3rd pair, Jaros might be slightly more valuable only because he is a right shot & Ottawa happens to have mostly left shots in the organization.

I think he definitely has NHL potential but could be at least a yr away. I would think that Harpur who played in this yr's playoffs could be ahead of him at this point & time & Harpur can play the right side as well. he is certainly an interesting prospect to watch, I am very high on him & his physical play. Have a great day.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Good to hear!

I am super high on Jaros. Limited viewings but he has really impressed me. Definitely have him ahead of Englund. Very excited about him. Think he's 100% going to be a top 4 player for us eventually.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty sure the Sens want him to push for a start in Ottawa. It's SHL or NHL for him I believe, not allowed in AHL.

Edit: Appears I'm wrong

Last edited:

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Thanks for for the replies! Hopefully this guy pans out for us in a big way. Our future on D is starting to look very bright.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty sure the Sens want him to push for a start in Ottawa. It's SHL or NHL for him I believe, not allowed in AHL.

Edit: Appears I'm wrong

I think you are right.
He is not eligible to play in AHL for another year until he is 22 since he already has a contract with SHL team.
It's quite possible that Dorion is not aware of that yet though :laugh:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I think you are right.
He is not eligible to play in AHL for another year until he is 22 since he already has a contract with SHL team.
It's quite possible that Dorion is not aware of that yet though :laugh:

Unless the SHL team terminated that contract.

Dorion and the Sens would know the rules better then us though.

I also think it was Dorion who called him the European Boro.. so there is that :laugh:

Could see him making our tean if Wideman is taken.. a Chabot-Jaros pairing could be interesting. Jaros the ying to Chabot's yang? Hopefully!

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Unless the SHL team terminated that contract.

Dorion and the Sens would know the rules better then us though.

I also think it was Dorion who called him the European Boro.. so there is that :laugh:

Could see him making our tean if Wideman is taken.. a Chabot-Jaros pairing could be interesting. Jaros the ying to Chabot's yang? Hopefully!

Dorion still thinks MacArthur is exempt from expansion draft, I wouldn't be so sure. :laugh:

Terminating his contract is only in Sens interest. I doubt Lulea and Jaros will go there.

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
Not too sure I see Jaros as a top 4 d-man. Basically I think he'll be an elite #5, but will need at least two years more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad