Chris O'Hearn Relieved of Duties

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe BG realized how much of an error was made in those pre-season extensions...

How many more people can he fire before he realizes
its-me-im-the-problem.gif

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
As someone also recently "relieved of my duties," kind of sucks to tell people you got no job when you see them at Christmas parties.

Good luck Chris, I feel for you buddy.

Also, this franchise needs a steady hand somewhere. Not a great look, regardless of the factors that may have necessitated the "relief."

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Really odd timing, so I'm also in the camp that thinks there is more to the story.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the fact that billy didn't say hey we're still friends and i wish him the best on his next adventure means probably not a friendly goodbye. just another small example billy is going off the rails.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Apparently they had some independent investigations done on the organization (as per the Athletic). Two different ones.

Is it me or is this entire organization a bit more skeevy than the ones in the past? At least with Fenton, he was a dick to the staff. Guerin seems...like a good ol' boys club from the 70s.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Exact quotes from the article are:
Wednesday’s departure of assistant GM Chris O’Hearn only adds to the feeling of chaos and panic, and not just because of the unanswered questions about the justification for his dismissal, which team sources tell The Athletic came on the heels of multiple investigations into Wild executives by an outside firm commissioned by the organization.
What we know about what led to this is this: In recent weeks, there have been two investigations into the Wild front office. Members of the team’s hockey support staff, hockey operations department and business staff began being interviewed regarding the second one by two attorneys Dec. 1 after the team returned from a road game in Nashville.

O’Hearn was not the subject of that latter investigation, and it’s unknown the specific nature of any allegations against him. It appears that the first investigation just happened to conclude at the same time the second one was being conducted.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo just on KFAN, and basically reiterated what he wrote. Until he can confirm, he won't go into more detail, but O'Hearn was likely let go because of an internal HR matter. You can all use your imaginations, there.

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The fact that there is another shoe that might possibly drop(there were TWO HR investigations) just adds to the drama.

Reactions: Wild11MN

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Linked. Not linked. I don't know. But feels like stuff follows certain people around when you consider there was sketchy stuff going on with the Penguins a few years ago as well. Makes you wonder if that culture was brought here. I mean, it could very well be pervasive throughout most of the leagues other teams. Entirely conjecture considering we have very little info on what the details are with this. But, it is also hard to ignore when it's some of the same people across two different franchises.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Linked. Not linked. I don't know. But feels like stuff follows certain people around when you consider there was sketchy stuff going on with the Penguins a few years ago as well. Makes you wonder if that culture was brought here. I mean, it could very well be pervasive throughout most of the leagues other teams. Entirely conjecture considering we have very little info on what the details are with this. But, it is also hard to ignore when it's some of the same people across two different franchises.
You pretty much summed up my feelings.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’m going to assume it’s another Guerin power play until we hear more. This guy makes our politicians look humble

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Probably worth noting that O'Hearn was originally a Fenton hire, so at least he's not some guy Guerin brought over from Penguins.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Probably worth noting that O'Hearn was originally a Fenton hire, so at least he's not some guy Guerin brought over from Penguins.
I get what you're saying. I was relatively certain someone would think I was pointing at someone specific. I was leaning towards it pretty much. So, I probably should have clarified. However, I specifically avoided pointing at any one particular person. I guess hoping that it could just go unsaid. It also doesn't mean that that mentality can't spread from the top down regardless of where the personnel came from. Seeing as Fenton had issues when he was here as well, it's not like we can say that he could have been better or worse with his hires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad