Rumor: Chris Neil's number to be retired?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
This has since been changed but was caught on the Sens website yesterday.

Screenshot_20201004-091855.png

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We called it last year that they would retire it. Dumb. Honour the number. Let new people wear it and if they end up being sens legends they can have their name added to the number.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Phillips was borderline, contrary to the popular "hate on everything" opinion, I was fine with #4 being retired.

This franchise needs some semblance of history and Phillips was the longest serving Senator ever and had some great moments while being an important figure during his time here. He was not a "classic case" of jersey retirement, but let us be honest, what else do we have going for us right now?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Phillips was borderline, contrary to the popular "hate on everything" opinion, I was fine with #4 being retired.

This franchise needs some semblance of history and Phillips was the longest serving Senator ever and had some great moments while being an important figure during his time here. He was not a "classic case" of jersey retirement, but let us be honest, what else do we have going for us right now?

I guess but isn't that why they have the ring of honour?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I guess but isn't that why they have the ring of honour?

I think two retired jerseys over a span of about 27 years of a team's history is fairly reasonable. The ring of honour is nice, but the younger generation looking up at the rafters and seeing a couple of numbers up there and asking who those players were is a little different.

Either way, is #4 really that popular of a jersey number, there are about 95 other numbers to choose from. It is such an insignificant thing to for some people to get upset over I can never understand why it bothers them.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think two retired jerseys over a span of about 27 years of a team's history is fairly reasonable. The ring of honour is nice, but the younger generation looking up at the rafters and seeing a couple of numbers up there and asking who those players were is a little different.

Either way, is #4 really that popular of a jersey number, there are about 95 other numbers to choose from. It is such an insignificant thing to for some people to get upset over I can never understand why it bothers them.
I guess it doesn't matter if you don't have high standards for the team you support. Chris Phillips vs Jean Beliveau, tomato tomahto!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

What about that player who was born on the 4th day, 4th month, in 2004, born @ at 4:44 pm, at 4lbs 4 ounces, who's first word was 4?

You never thought about that huh?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

17 players wore it this season;

upload_2020-10-5_12-33-17.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad