Player Discussion Chris Kreider

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
And yet at least half this board wanted to trade him less than a year into the new contract, the same ones that did not want to sign him to a new deal in the first place. BTW you can still be a good hockey player once you hit 29 years old.
Hell I remember the second he was resigned there were many pissed. In fairness there were also a lot happy too

And yet at least half this board wanted to trade him less than a year into the new contract, the same ones that did not want to sign him to a new deal in the first place. BTW you can still be a good hockey player once you hit 29 years old.
Give credit to Gallant. He was the first coach to give him more responsibility and i think in the past 3 years he leads the league in shorthanded goals

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Give credit to Gallant. He was the first coach to give him more responsibility and i think in the past 3 years he leads the league in shorthanded goals
You mean AV?

AV had just finished coaching Kesler (the best net front player in the league) in Vancouver and was like "You're going to learn to tip picks like Kesler".

Kreider reinvented his game from just the bursty speed one and dones and became the best net front presence.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
F_zgazOXEAAAdcq.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If this guys stays his whole career he might go down as the greatest ranger ever. No disrespect to the others but he could end up being the highest goal scoring ranger player by a 100+ goals.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Greatest ranger ever? I think he'd need at least a Conn Smythe to even be in the conversation.

I don't think so, being a 100 goals ahead of the next best scorer should put you in that conversation. It's a team sport, i dont think anyone would think any less of Leetch's career if Messier never came to new york and they didn't win that cup, same as Lundqvist, hasn't changed the fact he was a great ranger.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If this guys stays his whole career he might go down as the greatest ranger ever. No disrespect to the others but he could end up being the highest goal scoring ranger player by a 100+ goals.
You'd obviously have a case for greatest goal scorer in Rangers history, depending on how exactly much weight you give to longevity vs peak (think the Andreychuck argument for the HHOF), but greatest ever seems a bit more of a stretch. How many times has been the greatest player on the team in a season? He's an amazing player and has become very consistent, but when you dive into it I think you'd struggle to really rank him above others.
Having said that it's all pretty much entirely subjective :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
500 career points. 100 powerplay goals.

If he keeps being productive, he will be catching Ratelle sometime next season. This PP group isn't going anywhere. Then the real climb begins. Does he pass Gilbert?

761 GP 281G 220A 501P
772 GP 280G 227A 508P

He is truly this era's Adam Graves. Maybe he can be more. The last player to wear #20 for the Rangers.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I know a couple of beat writers are going around slandering CK20 right now, being 3rd on the all-time goal list for the Rangers, being "KreIders gOal ToTAl is lOw FOr an OrIgINal SiX FrANCHIse" but for reference, he is:

10th Bruins (9th 289, Pasta/Marchand ahead)
10th Wings (8th is 314, 7th is 324)
9th Leafs (can easily get Top 6 - Auston Matthews is not helping this)
9th Habs (Henri Richard 8th at 358)
8th Blackhawks (Top 7 is 299)

TFW you're a non-NYR fan slandering a player who would be top 10 in your franchise.

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I know a couple of beat writers are going around slandering CK20 right now, being 3rd on the all-time goal list for the Rangers, being "KreIders gOal ToTAl is lOw FOr an OrIgINal SiX FrANCHIse" but for reference, he is (third is in parenthesis):

10th Bruins
10th Wings
9th Leafs
9th Habs
8th Blackhawks

TFW you're a non-NYR fan slandering a player who would be top 10 in your franchise.

Slandering the Rangers is all some of these hacks have in life.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I know a couple of beat writers are going around slandering CK20 right now, being 3rd on the all-time goal list for the Rangers, being "KreIders gOal ToTAl is lOw FOr an OrIgINal SiX FrANCHIse" but for reference, he is (third is in parenthesis):

10th Bruins (9th 289, Pasta/Marchand ahead)
10th Wings (8th is 314, 7th is 324)
9th Leafs (can easily get Top 6 - Auston Matthews is not helping this)
9th Habs (Henri Richard 8th at 358)
8th Blackhawks (Top 7 is 299)

NYR and TOR all have really low all-time franchise numbers. I attributed it to historically trading our best players away and some franchises just being blessed with legendary talent. Like Detroit has Howe and Yzerman leading their list.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Like....

Chicago write slandering a player who will likely end up Top 6 all time, probably Top 5, in the Blackhawks franchise.

Incredible stuff.

Kreider's 281 goals ranks 3rd all-time for #NYR in 761 games

Other players ranked 3rd all time, after 761 games:

BOS Patrice Bergeron: 213
TOR Dave Keon: 277
DET Alex Delvecchio: 220
MTL Jean Béliveau: 371
CHI Patrick Kane: 293

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad