Sportsnet: Chris Johnston:Kase not qualified

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston Boston did not quality Kase meaning he will hit the Market Wednesday the question is what kind of market is there? As a Leaf fan I am concerned that Dubas will pursue him because Dubas likes skill, and while Kase skill can not be quesioned, the problem is he's not made of glass his durability is more in line with the durability of a sandcastle, a small gust of wind will destroy him for a month.

But like I said the skill can not be quesioned so there will be a market.

Where does he end up?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
By my count he's had at least 8 concussions since coming to North America. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he calls it quits.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Made of glass. Has never played more than 66 games in a season. A total of 88 games played the last three seasons and the last two seasons he has 7 goals in 58 games - so even when healthy, it's not like he was producing or developing.

He'll get a minimum show-me deal from somebody for sure if he clears medicals - but not much more. He's a bigger "name" at this point than actual asset simply because he was once a promising looking youngster.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Made of glass. Has never played more than 66 games in a season. A total of 88 games played the last three seasons and the last two seasons he has 7 goals in 58 games - so even when healthy, it's not like he was producing or developing.

He'll get a minimum show-me deal from somebody for sure - but not much more. He's a bigger "name" at this point than actual asset simply because he was once a promising looking youngster.

Glass is a stronger material than what he's made of

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The only way he should play hockey again is if his teammates on the ice with him are Tom Wilson, Landeskog, Marchand and Josh Manson acting as his body guards.

Reactions: bh53

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here was the hit that took him out for the season. Judge for yourself if he can stand up to a full season, let alone a playoff series where everyone knows he's made of glass.

I really enjoyed the way he played. He's got a lot of jam and he makes things happen. I'd even give him another crack at $1m but his QO was +$2.3m.

No idea why Sweeney said he was going to qualify him a week ago.

Reactions: Bruhin

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I didn’t realize his concussion and injury issues. As first I thought terrible asset management by BOS but to be completely fair to them this is understandable

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
According to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston Boston did not quality Kase meaning he will hit the Market Wednesday the question is what kind of market is there? As a Leaf fan I am concerned that Dubas will pursue him because Dubas likes skill, and while Kase skill can not be quesioned, the problem is he's not made of glass his durability is more in line with the durability of a sandcastle, a small gust of wind will destroy him for a month.

But like I said the skill can not be quesioned so there will be a market.

Where does he end up?
Cheeseboy needs to sign with the NYR so he can play with Breadman on the sandwich line.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
By my count he's had at least 8 concussions since coming to North America. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he calls it quits.

Is there a source on this? I thought he was at 5 or 6 max. He’s definitely had quite a bit of bad luck and been on receiving end of some bad hits. Felt gutted for him when he got a concussion this season having heard what he’s been through to get back on the ice

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
All jokes aside, but Bruins GM Don Sweeney slid the contract across the table, the fan sped up the paper too fast, it hit Kase in the upper forehead, causing a concussion and a dent from where the paper landed. He is out 6-8 weeks with concussion and may need surgery for the dent.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's just never healthy. Someone will give him a chance on a cheap deal and he's probably going to be good on it. Just don't give him a long-term deal afterwards. You probably end up with a Patrick Eaves if you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad