Rumor: Chris Johnson & Elliott Friedman's "big name or big promise" mystery player

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'll just throw some hot takes for names as maybe players we make a move for if these rumours are true that we'll bring in a big name that we don't really expect.

Tarasenko or Schenn. Rumours in the past that maybe the Blues would look to move Tarasenko so who knows. Schenn I doubt but it would surprise me so it makes sense in this case.

Kane or Meier. Would just surprise me.

Boeser or Miller. Just feel like 1 of them will be on the block.

There are more obvious names out there but I was just naming some I haven't really seen us linked to.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Scrutinizing this rumour a little more, it seems kind of suspicious that the Leafs were thinking about making a move for a high character addition at the deadline. I think they hit a losing streak after the Foligno deal, but were they already concerned with the cultural mix as far back as the deadline?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I'll just throw some hot takes for names as maybe players we make a move for if these rumours are true that we'll bring in a big name that we don't really expect.

Tarasenko or Schenn. Rumours in the past that maybe the Blues would look to move Tarasenko so who knows. Schenn I doubt but it would surprise me so it makes sense in this case.

Kane or Meier. Would just surprise me.

Boeser or Miller. Just feel like 1 of them will be on the block.

There are more obvious names out there but I was just naming some I haven't really seen us linked to.

Who are we trading to get this impact player if we are set on keeping the big 4 intact? Just curious because we have no draft picks left for a couple of years and nobody besides Sandin and Robby that are remotely worth enough to get anyone half decent.

Reactions: Korg

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I honestly dont think its Konecny. Pat Kane is my best guess.
Kane isn’t a 5.5 million player. Don’t see where Chicago would be retaining that much without a substantial return.
Not sure if Kane has a NMC or not, but again don’t see why he would come to Canada vs. teams like Colorado, Florida, etc.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The ‘deadline part’ is news, since the FO was pretty set on not getting players with term at that time.

No real guess who it could be or for who, but by deduction the main money guys to move would be Reilly and Muzzin.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Scrutinizing this rumour a little more, it seems kind of suspicious that the Leafs were thinking about making a move for a high character addition at the deadline. I think they hit a losing streak after the Foligno deal, but were they already concerned with the cultural mix as far back as the deadline?
I think it goes back even further. Guys like Simmonds, Thornton and Bogosian were brought in for their presence as well. You've gotta wonder what's going on in the room.

Rokker

Jun 5, 2016
Hamilton
I think the fact they targeted Foligno in the first place could have signified exactly that. (Instead of a Hall, per say)

Which is a bittersweet pill to swallow knowing the direction they mostlikely take won't be shipping out the potential problem, rather doubling down attempting to support it.

Reactions: geo25

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Foligno was supposed to be a high character addition. As were Thornton, Nash, Hutton, Rittich, and Simmonds.

I'm not sure when it started, but there were reports last year that the Leafs had a terribly uncomfortable locker room situation. There was also a report that in the series against Columbus, players wouldn't respond to any trash talk and just took it. There's definitely huge concerns with the team from a cultural standpoint, and I'll bet we can guess why

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Seth Jones.

He's always loved Seth Jones.

“When it comes to defense: How do we get a Seth Jones? We have to pick in the top five or, going back to the Nashville trade, you have to trade Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. Those types of trades don’t come along often.” -- Leafs GM Kyle Dubas

But Jones has had a pretty below-par season.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm not sure when it started, but there were reports last year that the Leafs had a terribly uncomfortable locker room situation. There was also a report that in the series against Columbus, players wouldn't respond to any trash talk and just took it. There's definitely huge concerns with the team from a cultural standpoint, and I'll bet we can guess why

I'd like to read this report. I wouldn't be surprised if true. Besides Matthews I don't see anybody pushing back from the young core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad