Chris collins

X-SHARKIE

Starsdude said:
I believe he is an Undrafted FA. Would not mind the stars looking at him. He is small but has talent and is not afraid of traffic. Mcdonald of the ducks seems like a compare. any thoughts?

His acceleration is absolutely awesome. He can also finish from anywhere. My issue with him is that he realies on his linemates to get him the puck in prime scoring oppertunities to much, and if he's not scoring he's not much use. He plays on the PK but it's more for his ability to anticipate the play and create a turn over creating a scoring chance for himself.

He has some McDonald like qualities. He's an UFA.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd like to see the Sabres sign him for the Amerks for next year -- the whole hometown connection and that Rochester could use scoring help with most of the FLA prospect forwards graduated (Stewart in particular) and most of the Sabre prospect forwards of a 2-way/defensive bent (Paille, Novotny) make it a possible sound match.

Granted, that would mean the managing partner Larry Quinn would have to stop poo-pooing his development system inspite of getting half a dozen quality rookies out of their AHL program for this years team....

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
His acceleration is absolutely awesome. He can also finish from anywhere. My issue with him is that he realies on his linemates to get him the puck in prime scoring oppertunities to much, and if he's not scoring he's not much use.

That is the case for most goal scoring forwards. They need someone to help get them the puck because they're busy getting themselves into scoring positions. But I agree, he does need to create more offense on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad