Choose a Tandem for the future,young Forward and Defenceman Tor-Buf-Win-Phi

Which Young Tandem do you choose for the future and why?

• Auston Matthews and Timothy Liljegren

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Casey Mittelstadt and Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • Patrik Laine and Jacob Trouba

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Nolan Patrick and Ivan Provorov

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • David Pastrnak and Charlie McAvoy

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Connor McDavid and Evan Bouchard

Votes: 99 51.6%

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Laine/Trouba...pretty easily

arguably the best of the 4 forwards, certainly the best of the 4 defensemen.

also given the choices, I'd add a 5th of Pastrnak + McAvoy

Reactions: jetsforever

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
@OP--would love to hear the rationale behind the WPG duo.

Every other duo is drafted 2015 or later but for the Jets you're digging into 2012 for a 24 yr old player when everyone else is 21 or younger? Seems illogical and obviously tilts the poll.

No faith in Logan Stanley or what?

EDIT: Also want to point out I posted this before the Boston pair was added which further muddies the criteria (Pastrnak is a 2014 pick).

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d go with who I think ends up as the best player here. Dahlin. So Buffalo first.
Then in terms of balance I’d go Jets second.
I’m not that high on Patrick and Liljegren of the players listed so those two groups last.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
No because then you switch Mittlestadt to Eichel and it easily becomes Buffalo’s duo.

If the poll followed any semblance of logic it would be Eichel + Dahlin and Laine + Stanley (while the rest remain the same) and then Buffalo would/should win in a landslide.

Instead it seems like OP wants a certain result so they discarded consistency/logic for one duo.

Reactions: Critical91

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Every other duo is drafted 2015 or later but for the Jets you're digging into 2012 for a 24 yr old player when everyone else is 21 or younger? Seems illogical and obviously tilts the poll.

lol That threw me off too.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden

i took the players i thought would make the poll as even as possible, it think Winnipeg get more votes with Trouba for example to make it more even.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It wouldn’t be “more fair,” it would just become a poll where Leafs fans take their duo and everyone else takes Buffalo’s.

So what;s the point of the poll then?

It's as random as:

Who do you prefer: Matthews and Liljegren or Roslovic and Postma? If there's no criteria to the selections...

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
i took the players i thought would make the poll as even as possible

Ok. So to be clear you think the gap between Matthews & Laine is roughly similar to the gap between a top pairing D in the NHL (Trouba) and a 19 year old D prospect (Liljegren) that may or may not pan out in the NHL?

Reactions: loyaltotheend

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the poll followed any semblance of logic it would be Eichel + Dahlin and Laine + Stanley (while the rest remain the same) and then Buffalo would/should win in a landslide.

Instead it seems like OP wants a certain result so they discarded consistency/logic for one duo.

What result do you speculate they wanted? Buffalo is winning, so if that’s what OP was going for he didn’t do them any favors by keeping Eichel out.
You could possibly argue he was hoping for Winnipeg to win, but to suggest that Winnipeg’s duo is significantly better than the others is severely overrating Trouba as a player at this point.
Obviously he isn’t trying to make the Leafs come out on top here or he would have done Rielly instead of Liljegren.

As I’m looking at it, any suggestion that’s been made so far on who to replace with who would make the poll less fair in some way.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
1. Edmonton
2.Buffalo
The best young player in the NHL and what looks like a sure fire franchise defenseman.
Then Winnipeg with good balance at both positions.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
What result do you speculate they wanted? Buffalo is winning, so if that’s what OP was going for he didn’t do them any favors by keeping Eichel out.
You could possibly argue he was hoping for Winnipeg to win, but to suggest that Winnipeg’s duo is significantly better than the others is severely overrating Trouba as a player at this point.
Obviously he isn’t trying to make the Leafs come out on top here or he would have done Rielly instead of Liljegren.

As I’m looking at it, any suggestion that’s been made so far on who to replace with who would make the poll less fair in some way.

I thought the poll seems clearly tilted for Winnipeg but maybe you're right and I'm severely overrating Trouba. I just assumed he was a #1D or at least a top pairing guy based on how much Jets fans gush over him. The fact that they've cooled on him b/c of his contract situation doesn't lead me to believe he actually became worse as a player but again, I could be wrong.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Why are all the defensemen recent draftees but the Jets get to use Trouba?
Really poorly constructed poll, OP.
3/10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad